Zymol Wheel Brush Cracking

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by eShine, Oct 7, 2008.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

We have been in contact with Zymol reguarding the cracking wheel brushes. The cause is the horse hair expanding when staying wet which splits the plastic collar. They explained after every use if the brush is hung up (reason there is a hole in the handle) it will drip dry and likely not crack. They are workiong on a new design that should eliminate this problem completely. Still no ETA though. just some info i thought I would share.

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

That is very good to know, At least there are working on it. Thank you for the up date. :thumb:

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

cool info. thanks a ton. I dont have there brushes, but might try it now.

4. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

thanks chris... so far i just wrap electrical tape around the collar and that seenms to make them last alot longer.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

This is why I use Swissvax brushes...

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Cool, glad to hear Zymol is looking into it, thanks for the info chris.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Believe it or not, I actually managed to crack the red plastic on my SV wheelbrush.

Remember, wood absorb moisture when left in bucket too long...not quite as famous as man who go sideways thru turnstyle going to Bangkok.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Luckily I haven't experienced any malfunctions with my Swissvax wheel brushes and I've put my dedicated wheel brush through hell. My jamb and vent brushes not so much, hehe.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I too managed to crack the red plastic around my Swissvax brush but the issue I'm experiencing with my Zymol brush(s) is that they loose there hairs quickly and don't last as long as compared to the Swissvax...heck the red plastic on the Swissvax brush is gone but the brush is still going strong and it still looks presentable despite the missing red plastic that is....but just my :2cents:

10. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

I wouldnt down play either one, there both relevant...

11. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nica, the Zymol brush is real horse hair, correct? I have a Swissvax brush and am wondering how the stiffness of the bristles between the two compare.

Thanks!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, the Zymol brush are made from real horse hair...well at least that's what it says on the packaging...er..I think :shead:

Not sure exactly what the Swissvax brush is made of but for some strange reason the Swissvax brush holds up much, much better and they don't look all beat up like the Zymol brush.

Worst part is that the Zymol brush leaves hair all over the place, I'm cleaning up after the brush :confused: