Zymol sold at Target

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Tonya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

OK what am I missing? :shrug: I hear a lot about Zmyol and it is sold at at Target. It's located right next to the Turtle Wax.....what am I missing? I only saw these products. Are they any good?

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ive heard that zymol products sold in store are low end at best.

3. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

from the reviews I've heard, the otc zymol isnt great.

For example, the leather conditioner (pictured above) isnt as good as leather treat.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i actually heard zymol thats sold in store is really turtlewax brand.zurtle wax is what a zymol dealer told me .

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

turtle wax makes there OTC stuff, the cleaner and conditoner are alright, the cleaner wax is not so great...well its alright for otc i guees.

6. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

The best over the counter Zymol item is the Auto Wash Shampoo.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Never tried the OTC zurtle wax because of the reviews I have read.....

8. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

You can buy it at Walmarts too if you like.

9. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

3 words....Save your Money....

AL

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

:giggle: I did. I figured something was wrong. That is why I just took a pic with my cell. I only got the pressure washer because they only had 2 left. I only live less than a mile from Target, so taking it back was no biggie :thumb: I really don't need any products. I am trying to control my product buying :thumb: I have been doing very well. I don't think I have bought anything but brushes (from Big Lots) and MF's (Sam's Club 25 for 10.88) in over 2 months. :giggle: The last thing I bought was from AG with a Gift Certificate from Christmas :thumb:

11. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

zymol anything unless its the real stuff is crapola

even the real stuff is good but not the best IMO

12. exoticGuy

exoticGuy Birth of a Detailer

That Leather Cleaner and Conditioner are both real Zymol products. I made a thread about the difference between the Leather Conditioner and Treat, so read there if you want to know more about them.

13. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I read not to touch any of the OTC stuff :p. I wish there's a store nearby that sells the real zymol stuff and swissvax...i'd go there just to stare :p

14. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

i've read vxmarc's thread and he uses zym0l auto bath for lubricant for clay..

15. exoticGuy

The Leather Conditioner and Cleaner are fine to use. Zymol distributors sell them, and at work I actually have both in stock from the Canadian rep. I was going to replace the Leather Conditioner with Treat until I found out why the two products are ever so slightly different, and instead ordered another case of Treat so I had both on hand. They're both great products to use, and I've used them a number of times on exotics at work.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: yup it works really good, I like the Auto Bath product...it's really concentrated and a little goes a long way and I've also used to to clay a vehicle...never had a problem with it.

17. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Mediocre at best, Zymol & Turtle Wax I remember awhile back had a lawsuit with distribution, misc. Basically, the OTC stuff is way different from the boutique products you can get.

18. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Sorry for bringing an old thread back, but what is the cleaner wax meant for?

19. exoticGuy

The Cleaner Wax is actually a Turtle Wax product. There was a deal a while ago between the two companies where essentially, Turtle Wax was allowed to put the Zymol name on the product. This isn't the case for the leather products though. Those are Zymol products. I have a feeling the production date for the cleaner wax is REALLY old, since I don't think it's been made in at least a few years.

20. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

But like what is it? Because it says it removes swirls but it also says its a wax?