Zymol Loses Money??? On Wax???

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by trhland, Apr 9, 2008.

1. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

im sure there not in business to ever lose money. take vintage for example cost 2grand free refills . so what happends if some one refills there pot like crazy?. i mean it most likely cost zymol maybe 50 dollors to make. but if you get your pot refilled 40 times there loseing money ? or not?but then again who would really refill that many times ? other then calgery detail :applause2:

2. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

They don't let you fill it like crazy. Ask someone that bought it and got the refill.

The product only costs them a minute fraction of what they are charging.

3. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I really doubt they are losing a dime. With what they charge you to refill it probably covers what it actually cost to make it and I would bet the majority of people never finish the first 22ozs.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i know it only cost them a few dollores to make . but i heard u can fill it as many times as u want..

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

But you cannot refill it something like once a month though!

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

maybe calgery will chim in on this subject id be intersted to know .

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I think Calgary once mentioned that you could refill it as many times as you want.

To the consumer it is the same, because it costs $100 ish in shipping. But I will wait for Calgary to chime in.

8. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Zymol told me i can refill it as often as i want but the shipping costs are about 150$

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

why so much for shipping? or is that how they recoupe there money? shipping ( and handeling) ? :thinking:

10. devast8

devast8 New Member

if I'd buy (not that I would even if i could) a 2k wax, I wouldn't care at all for a mere 150$ for s/h for a refill.

Plus insurance for 2k is not cheap either. Plus it's not a small item too

11. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

you can refill it as often as tou can... it took me 3 months to use up all that wax. Im well on my way to needing a refill after 3 months.

You do pay shipping either way but the wax can be refilled as often as you want.

theroriticly they can loose money on this wax yes, howeer the average vintage owner does not wax like we do.. its more of a show thing so these customers may never reill the wax, or do it very rarley.I however am planning on using it for 40 years with3-4 refills a year

12. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

ya im sure they will end up losing money to Calgary, but like he says, the make it up with ALL the other guys who buy it.

150 for shipping is kind of a lot, im sure some of the 150 goes into the cost of the wax itself.

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Part of the "fee" goes to cleaning of the case.

Dont ask me how I know ;)

14. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Anyone know if you're local, what's the ~fee~ if you drop it off/pick it up.......if they even allow such a thing.

15. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

if i had vintage id be batheing with it just to make sure i get my moneys worth :yikes::sorry:

16. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

man. thread title threw me off. I thought zymol was going out of business lol