Zymol is BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by matrix_808, Oct 25, 2009.

1. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Not all "high end stuff" weathers well when there is a shortage of funds. Given a choice of detailing with an inexpensive item vs. a high end product, unless customers have the funding then the high end products will end up not selling.

I have seen Zymol become more active lately in their advertising of their lower priced items. It makes sense for them to focus more on their affordable products, because those products will sell and bring in cash flow. There will always be a demand for exotic products; but less of a demand for them in a poorer economic state.

2. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

3. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

There are things you "must" have and things you "want" to have.
    Zymol estate falls into 2nd.
    Don;t get me wrong I bought 2 sksk1 back then and both Atlantique and Vintage are best waxes bar none I've tried.
    But $600 for this sampler now is .....

like Zymol telling me to bend over and grab my ankles

WAIT I was wrong, it comes with Royale (not the same as sksk1) so maybe it feels more like an annual exam by my physician:thud::gasp::yikes:

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

why zymol calls their waxes graze? like royal glaze or glasur glaze. is it actualy wax or glaze?

5. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

It is wax, they just like calling it something special.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Just like how Zaino calls their sealants polishes.

7. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

nice. cant wait to try it
    hows durability on those?

8. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

On what Zaino or Zymol, from what I experienced Zaino has great duriblity I got a good 6 months+ of beading out of it.

I just picked the holiday kit#2 and Glasur and going to have to try them out as well. I heard Glasur is a pretty good bang for the buck so lets hope it is at least semi-durable.

9. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^^ zymol.

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Carnauba wax $50,000?

Speaks volumes for the marketing of a product

With organic waxes you reach a certain price point, usually over $200, when you are not just paying for the basic ingredients anymore. The set price point has to recuperate:

- R&D costs, the so called speciality waxes or a glaze usually sells in small numbers
    - Product packaging, usually eye catching and expensive
    - Marketing cost are high as the product needs to appeal to an exclusive market segment
    - Vendor mark-up, due to low volume sales this is usually much higher than for other products
    - A higher than average price tends to add to the elitist or exclusivity factor

A wax or sealant can only reflect what is underneath it, so a clean, level well-prepared surface is the most important consideration (85% of a surfaces reflectivity is its preparation) along with applied product clarity

11. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Totally agree with every said. I usually keep my wax purchases under 300 after that you can't expect much more in return.

If I do get some 300+ waxes it will be fore that last point you highlighted the exclusivity/collector factor. Nothing else, I know it isn't going to work much better. It will be just for the sake of fun. But definitely not to be elitist. Everyone should have fun in this hobby. :)

12. tin

tin Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Lol, no doubt! But I think it's on sale right now, because it's only $365. LMAO It doesn't even have the logo on it. That is the funniest thing I think I've ever seen. I can't even find a shirt that costs that much in high end clothing stores. I love Zymol, and always use their waxes and some of their other products, but this is just wrong. "Swag" for fans is definately not what they are selling here.:crasy: