Zymol is BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by matrix_808, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

So tempting I always wanted to try out these high end zymol waxes!!!!

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

yeah as long as it.s not excessive you should be fine. i.m really thinking about this. 600 bucks for a lifetime of royale? that.s just... tasty.

3. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

ahhhhh man a lifetime of royale ....im drooling right now

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I wonder how much it actually costs Zymol to make 20oz of Royale...

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

The crystal pot that it comes in may be more or just as expensive as the wax in it. The wax may be difficult to make so higher labor cost, and raw material for the oils they use may be a little expensive but prob not much more than $100-200 to make it. Who knows maybe more? Look at some of the other wax's like RBOE which is $70, an amazing wax, or RG 55 which is around $120 and according to JL very close to the looks of Vintage. Just like many other things demand/supply will dictate price and Zymol knows how to play that game very well.

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

:agree:

7. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

haha we'll see im really debating about this now. I really wanted to get away from using waxes and move more towards sealants again.

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

HAHAHA Good luck with that Brent!!!!!!!!! Rehab is for quitters!

9. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

lol I am leaning the same way. That was until you posted this... thanks :p

Seriously though some of those new gen sealants on DW and stuff look insane. Or hopefully Zaino will come out with something soon? I haven't seen any new products from them for a while.

10. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i think if we knew how much any of these waxes cost to produce we would'nt buy them jmho.

11. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

Someone has a 4ox pot of Vintage on ebay right now for $335. It doesn't come with free refills but it's not a bad price for a sample pot.

12. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

so who wants to go halfers?

13. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I was thinking $600 bucks for some samples was crazy, but the lifetime free refills on Royale? That makes it much more enticing. Wish we had some confirmation on allowable annual refills. I am sure the shipping costs are negligible.

Thanks for posting up the info.

14. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Also, how many people here have used Royale before??

15. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Paul Dalton...

16. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Attached Files:

17. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

:worship2:

excuse my ignorance, but why is one of the containers blue?

18. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

No worries..It is a valid question...You can have them tint it any color you want...I chose the blue and white becasuse it is the most recognizable since they advertise it that way...I will probably change them up when I send it for refills..I thought of doing one red originally but Dave told me that it would get more pinkish, so I opted for the blue.

Sean...

19. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

So its the large container that needs to be returned for the refill?

20. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I ordered #3sampler. Since Zymol took my chest hostage earlier in the year I've been without Vintage.

Andy