Zymol Experiences

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by J_Edwards, May 30, 2008.

1. J_Edwards

J_Edwards Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have been a Vintage user for a while, but I haven't ever gotten my own pot. I have a friend who bought it for himself, and doesn't mind sharing due to his refills.

I am tired of depending on him for it, and I am looking at getting my own. Now as a detailer I would imagine that there are some types of limitations or restrictions on getting it refilled. I want to check everyones experiences in dealing with Zymol.

Turnaround time? Customer service? Hassles with constant refills? Anything and everything is of interest since it is a pretty hefty investment just for a LSP. Also any suggested vendors for my purchase are of course appreciated. I like helping the locals as long as I am not getting raped on the price.

As an alternative focus, I don't know if there is any Swissvax that is refillable like Vintage. If there is, obviously contrast that with Zymol as well.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Jonathan

2. Nica

Nica Banned

What no response huh...any who I have dealt with Zymol with regards to Vintage and other items as well and my experiance in general has been good.

As for the free refills, you can send it in as many (MANY) times as you please, there are no questions asked, there is no refusal what's so ever. If you wish to send it every month then you can do so, there really is no restrictions. Just ask Mike (Calgarydetail) about this...I'm surprised he hasn’t shared his opinion on this topic :shead:

The only draw back is that Zymol sometimes waits to receive a few more pots of Vintage so to do them in batches and it can delay your own pot, then there is the shipping expense that the owner incurs.

As for purchasing I agree with you, help out a local if you can just make sure it's a local that deserves the business and will deliver..lol..again Mike can share more about this as well lol

As for Swissvax having the free refills, I haven't hear of such a thing from Swissvax but there is a rumors about that you can get other pots of Divine for 500 ponds ($1,000.00) US but I honestly haven't been able to confirm this so I just treat it as a rumor.

Well just sharing what I know/heard hope it helps.

Since you've used Vintage I'm sure you know what you’ll be getting :thumb:

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

Sorry for the late repply. It was a long night last night ;)

Anywho, Zymol makes some great porducts as you know. Vintage is an amazing wax. My current fav.

Zymol has a bad reputaion about the refill policy, however after doing some research, and actully using it the rumours are unjust.

I bought Vintage in September from OCD Garage and the dude stole my money, took it and ran, so after a big credit card inestigation, got my money back and ordered my vintage right from zymol. It came in december ( i think) no porblem. I started using it right away, it was exams but i still found time.

I used all 22oz in 3 months, so I called diane, tell her the shipping method and she lets me know the adress... wax is shipped back no prob, no qustions nothing.

After a week I sent her and email to ask it if had come, she said yes, also they have a date scheduled to pour the tub. so i had a adte it would be shipped back to me and eveyrhting. I called about a week later to give my CC to pay for shpping, which was not to expensive.. about 65bucks to ship up to the great white north.They shipped how I wanted.

A week later the wax came back to me,... so three weeks I had back and ready to go

So I used an entire tube in 3 months, refilled with no questions or comments about how quick i am, had it back in three weeks from shipping from myhouse. It was great. I am more then happy with the service. Im anout ready for another refill and i assume this refill will be the same as the last, quick and effiant.

There are no swissvaxes that are refillable like Vintage, Royal, or Solaris. As far as I know Zymol is the only wax compnay that offers unlimted refills.

Carlos mentioned refills and having to have a few tubs, this is the case for Royal (I belive they need two or 3 to refill) however there are so many vintage out there they dont require a ffew to come in. There are almost 3,000 tubs of vintage in the world so they are refilling them all the itme so you rally dot have to wait.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

son of a b!#$% actually stole your money and ran???? We shall never buy anything from him again. In fact, why don't you make new sticky topic of bad experience with him, so other forum members don't decide to buy anything from there, which always seems to be on sale for some reason....

5. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

you must do a sh#t load of waxing man..

6. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I agree, how the he11 does anybody use 22ozs in a few months. A 22oz tub would be a lifetime supply for me.

I found that Zymol Vintage goes a long way. I suspect I would be able to do 10 or 15 cars with 1oz. I do use an applicator and apply it relatively thin though.

7. Calgarydetail

I go through alot of wax... there are 7 cars in my family, sunday is car wash day. so most sundays i wash 3-4 cars (sibllings help) and wax them. then i have the details for friends and stuff

plus I tried amillion ways to appply, applying lots, spreading thin, diffrant application methods. I wanted to see what looked best and was easiet to use...

Plus there was a point i have over 10 coats of vintage on my car.....yup its alot lol.... then the next week i stripped it and started again. I had to final optimal levels for my car :D

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

so what method have you found to look the best?

9. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Its not so hard to do:gasp:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree 22oz is not that much...specially when you apply it by hand and apply it nice and thick :thumb:

When I apply Vintage I prefer to apply nice and thick :cheerl: I don't really like to use foam applicators.

11. Calgarydetail

thats because you dont remove it:applause2:

12. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: :nod: correcto mundo, that's why I have you remember wipping boy :spank: :spank: hahahaha :giggle:

13. J_Edwards

J_Edwards Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone that responded. The feedback is really helpful, simply because I really didn't know what to expect. I really didn't want to move into a serious purchase like that and then find out that it was saddled with a ton of limitations.

So thanks a lot, looks like I will be ordering my own pot soon.

14. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

From a technical perspective, waxes are actually more effective when applied in thin, multiple layers. All you end up doing is buffing off more residue; only so much wax can bond to the paint surface. Extremely soft foam applicators (110 pores per inch is ideal) also give a more consistent, level application, enhancing bonding/curing.

That said, it does feel better to put a load of wax on by hand... there is something therapeutic about it and it certainly looks better as it outgasses :)

Mind you, durability tends to be the only factor lpotentially compromised by 'over-application' of wax. Gloss is much the same. But less is more, even if the refills are free.

15. Calgarydetail

Carlos know only a small layer of wax bonds, but he dosent care.... he just wants to apply it and let his business partners remove it.... so its not an issue for him since he dosent remove it :D

16. Dom

LOL, well in that case apply it an inch thick and see how many microfibres it takes to remove it :)

17. Calgarydetail

dont give him any ideas... im the one who removes it :thud:

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, I've been experimenting with the thin idea and yes you save product becuase lets face it applying by hand is loads of fun but it wastes product. But to be honest Swissvax Divine is killing me applying it via German Applicator. Yes I get it nice and thin but perhaps to thin, to the point were I'm not even applying any and perhaps that's exactly what I did on my Volvo when I first applied Divine becuase it didn't even last a week..boy I must sound like a broken record about that first experiance :crasy: oh well :shrug:...but the second application of Divine with the German Applicator went much better and the vehicle is still beading, so yes I agree with you applying by applicator is probably the best and I'll continue to do that for Divine seeing as it dosent come with a life time refills...but Vintage on the other hand...mmm...the thicker the better....lol..poor Mike is the one that gets to remove so it's all good :cheerl: go Mike :cheerl: go Mike :cheerl: hahaha teasing, I sometimes have to remove my self, some times...and I usually have to use several Cookie Monsters to remove lol..but I still love applying it thick :thumb:

19. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

aaaaahhh!!:thud: wow guys; send some here.. lol.. you waste it anyways. :applause2:hihi

20. Dom

Divine is quite hard to apply as so 'dry' compared to some of the other waxes in its category... my guess from a technical point of view is that it contains *too much* carnauba... yes, there really can be such a thing ;) . I am not sure you could even apply Divine thickly but I've only had a little play with it. The high end Zeds do go on nice and thickly without the need to really trowel them on.

All the best
    DF