Zymol Detail Wax

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by FMINUS, Feb 12, 2008.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

What do u guys use this for?

2. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

The Field Glaze?

3. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have this wax, I juse havent used it yet

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I have never used it, but it looks intersting... its supposted to be a wax that "flexes" with the plastic parts an there paint... i am also wondering hw well it works, and if its worth the coin

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Flex Agent:
    Aerodynamic spoilers, air dams and valences are manufactured from Flexathene® Thermoplastic Polyolefin's, the painting process for these parts requires a paint that has a very porous vinyl base with an elasticity additive to provide flexibility. Solvents and minerals-spirit based products will cause these types of paint film systems to lose their flexibility by drying out the flex agent and making the material brittle and causing stress fractures (spider webbing).This can be avoided by using an oil-rich product that contains no harsh hydrocarbon solvents to restore the original moisture and seal the paint system - Zymol™ Detail Wax

It does what it says it will
    Is it worth he coin? For me yes, but it's of course your choice

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

What's the frequency of application you practice?

Is this on a let's say bi annual regimen to replenish the flexing panels or for said panels do you use it on ever detail?

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh good info togwt :worship:

Spoilers you say huh :thinking:

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Each time I wax the vehicle (but then I'm OCD) :giggle:

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Good to know.. so this would be you lsp on flex panels or would you then top with the lsp "du jour"

12. Epoch

Epoch Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have always applied a first layer of Detail to any flexible painted body part onany Zymol wax application.

It's very oily in feel and to my view will help to keep the paint even more flexible than HD oils. It doesn't appear to noticably detract to the finish when overlaid with Vintage for the second and third layer.

I own it and i can't be doing any harm in my book

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

i used Zymol Detail back in the day on wood trim pieces in the interior.

as well as spoilers and painted plastic and rubber panels.