Zep Citrus Degreaser -- Dilutions

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Danny, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I'm using it 3:1 on wheels, tires, and engine bays.

Optimum Power clean 3:1 for paint just to be safe.

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

No. If you have a 32 oz bottle, it means 6.4 oz of Zep and the rest water. 8oz + 24 is 3:1. Basically, add -1- to whatever the number is and then divide your total amount by that.

ex.: 19:1 --> 19 +1=20, so 32oz/20 = 1.6.

Put 1.6 oz in your 32 oz bottle and fill the rest with water.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Good lookin out Joey, so many ppl get confused by this. Once you learn it the correct way though it sticks with you forever.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Or some of the bottles that USPlastics sells has the ratios on the side........... unless those are totally inaccurate and Ive doomed myself.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Or some of the bottles that USPlastics sells has the ratios on the side........... unless those are totally inaccurate and Ive doomed myself.

6. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

While I learnt this a while ago from filling up with products, in data management at school we were taught this as well. I have no idea what I was thinking on that small quiz, 1:6 in example I did 1/5. At least NOW I will never forget.

Those bottles with a built in ratio can come in handy to mark where to fill to.

7. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the help my friend!

For those lazy, here's a basic dilution list I made following what Joey said:

For 32oz bottles:

1:1.......Add 16oz of chemical and 16oz water
    1:2.......Add 10.7oz of chemical and 21.3oz water
    1:3.......Add 8oz of chemical and 24oz water
    1:4.......Add 6.4oz of chemical and 25.6oz water
    1:5.......Add 5.3oz of chemical and 26.7oz water
    1:10.....Add 2.9oz of chemical and 29.1oz water
    1:20.....Add 1.5oz of chemical and 30.5oz water

8. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

has anyone tried washing pads with CD?

9. richy

richy Guest

I use it all the time to clean my pads. I use it at the 4:1 ratio like I do for wheels, etc. Rinses out well and cleans them well. No issues whatsoever.

10. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I've been using Zep CD and Dawn in the foam gun. 1st time just soak the power wash off loose dirt. Then foam again, soak and the wash with sponge. Then I bucket wash with CG CWC and CG Strong Wash combo. Paint is always squeaky clean with no beading afterwards. I use Zep CD to clean door jambs and trunk/bonnet rain gutters

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have been using it at 3:1 lately since my USP Big Blaster spray bottles make it easier for me to dilute it quickly. It works great at this dilution as well and just has a bit more cleaning abilities than 4:1

12. mpanella

mpanella DB Forum Supporter

Anybody ever use this in a foam lance?

Im thinking of using this as a strong post wash for my boat detail in a week.

13. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

A couple ounces with your favorite soap works fantastic. I use it all the time on the grimy jobs

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Yup I use 2oz with 2oz of CG Maxisuds II in my foam lance and it works well to strip LSP's

15. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Zep CD is a GREAT product AND a great value!!! $11 a gallon is tremendous value.

16. Kaban

i agree. I also use the zep citrus in my foam gun with dawn dish soap to strip waxes.

17. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

This is exactly what I do for stripping protection. :thumb:

18. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I'll give this a try tomorrow on my detail.

19. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I only use it to wash MFS

20. Kaban

I've used both ZEP Citrus and ZEP purple (both around 1:4) to spray down pads after polishing. They both work very well. The Purple does a better job noticebly imo. I've been doing that for around a year and it's worked like magic. The ZEP citrus I've used it 1:4 on paint (lower half), wheels, engine bays, door jams, rubber floor mats, etc.... no negative side effects at all. Very nice and versatile product.