Zaino!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by FMINUS, Dec 13, 2007.

1. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

I use zaino on cars that people want it shiney and last a long time. Its a very nice durable sealant.

On my personal vehicles and my friends cars that go to show, I will use carnubas.

I've used souveran and it really has a deep look to it. Its real easy to use. However, I haev also used swissvax concorso and it blows away souveran. The shine is much brighter and reflections are better.

I'll be getting my hands on some mystery soon (thanks detailersdomain). I'll see how that holds up

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hmmmmm I should go up to a Corvette owner and say "Nice Zaino!"

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

One thing I forgot to mention. Your surface needs to be pretty perfect before applying Zaino.. It has a nasty habbit of highlighting swirls etc on cars esp when ZFX is used!!! Again It it the prep work that is Key to the whole finish

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So Phil, did you order all the Zaino or not???

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

They said "its coming"

....... thats what she said.

6. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I have been testing some Zaino products and they are IMO nothing spectacular.

7. PhantomGoat

PhantomGoat Guest

*shrugs*

8. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

So...in your opinion what is a spectacular product?

9. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

I don't see what the fuss is about zaino. I have had several customers switch from zaino after seeing test panels with basic waxes or sealants.

exp.fmj, natty's blue.

It all comes down to prep work.

10. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Here is our 99 740il from after a detail back in August.

After polishing it got:

3x Z5pro w/ ZFX and I think some Z8.

[​IMG]

I just ordered the Lusso package from Phil, so I will give that a try soon.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooooh that's a sharp looking BMW :thumb: nice gloss to it as well :woo:

12. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

looks fantastic.

13. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

When it comes to durability?

PPS or aka 5starshine and Gtecniq C1. They wear like a rocks but are very expensive. I have only tested Z2 and Z6 so I don´t know if Z5 is more durable? Z2 was in the same league as Carlack SG (upgraded Klasse SG).

Zaino makes good products but Z2 is IMHO not the best sealant in the world when it comes to durability.

14. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I have tried PPS but it was not the 5 starshine brand,I got it off Ebay ,was very disappointed with the shine/durability.
    I have resisted so far buying Zaino since I've heard the result could be duplicated using Duragloss #105 ,or jeseal 109 ,but I'll give it a try to see/judge for myself .

15. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I have been using PPS for over three years, this is the product for maximum durability. I have some photos and videos of a car 13 months after the treatment and it sheeted water like crazy. I don´t buy the five year warranty but fore me it will last easily over 12 months and 30000 km.

I have not used Jetseal but it sounds like a hyped product. I think a guy over detailingworld tested it against Collinite and 476 was more durable (in his test) but the only measurment was the beading?

How did you prepp the car? I hope you didn´t use all the sealant for one car? I use one bottle for three medium cars.

I have myself been looking at the duragloss and bought AW and their AIO(name?) so I will buy the 105. Must try the Z5 as well.

Well sorry for going of topic :whistle:

16. distrbd

distrbd New Member

The PPS was not the same as the one your talking about I don't think,I paid like $20 for two 6 oz bottles one was polish and one sealant which I still have them almost full,I preped the car the usual way ,was ,cleanse,clay ,polish ,sealant .
    There are a few products called PPS which is most confusing .
    This is the one I got off Ebay:

Paint Sealant Never Wax or Polish your Car Auto again! - (eBay.ca item 280186663089 end time 31-Dec-07 19:20:44 EST)

17. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

Interesting information. Personally, I am not familiar with either one. It is always good to get opnions for anther product.

So I asked and was answered. Thanks

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Phil, let us know when you receive the Zaino and how it works out for you. I think it's a shame that there are so many Zaino Zealots out there that have made this a product that is either hated or loved.

I have it in my arsenal and personally truly enjoy using it. I have not had a single customer complain (frankly, quite the contrary) when I've used it to detail their vehicles.

19. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Aha okey, then are we not talking about the same product.

This is the product I am talking about ---> Home

Here is a Hyndai wich is coated with PPS after 13 months including a hard winter with lots of tar removers and alkalie washes.

PPS sheeting action after 13 months. Pictures and videos inside - Autopia Car Detailing Forum

Scottwax was picking on me beacuse "all new paints beads" but this car did not bead after the prep wash, wich is step 1.