Zaino!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by FMINUS, Dec 13, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Ready or not here I come. I am going to order the entire line and check out whats up!

Any suggestions? Comments? WARNINGS?

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

WARNING- dont order it! Just kidding, well kinda.

On a serious note, why are you ordering that when you are a Carnauba guy? That stuff makes the paint look like plastic. The only stuff worth ordering MIGHT be the leather conditioner and tire dressing. JS is 100x better, Menzerna is a better polish, you're going to hate the way the sealant looks.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Where's crosroad, he's a Zaino fan.

Just curious FMINUS what made you go this route? Just wondering that's all.

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Your outta control... you need a 12 step program...

CG will be sad!!!

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I just wanted to try it out. I dont like taking other people's word for things so I want first hand experience so that I can give advice/critique it fairly. Its really not that expensive anyways so why not.

Personally I dont like the sealant look, but so many of my customers ask about it. So on the M5 it goes!!! And NO I will not use the dawn method! HAA.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Sounds like a good enough reason to me, I'm the same way hahahaha here's to you FMINUS :drinking:

Look forward to your feed back.

7. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

let me tell you a little story...

so i my buddy justin details so tunned vettes for a guy in town, he had a call and said hey wanna come alone. I said sure why not...so the guy was going to vegas with his car and wanted a wash and wax.. we did it no problem...

so this guy was a hardcore zaino man, he sells it in his shop, loves the stuff thinks its gods gift to man.
    so i said hey i have some titanium lets throw it on a yellow car... it will look awsome

so we get about half done and all of a suden we have 2 customers of his, 3 or 4 workes all hoverring around going whats that, wow that loosk great.

we got 2 more cars from that, the guy ws stnned, i think i spent an extra 1/2 hour talking to the guy about titanium.. he was impressed

so whats the point of all this i dunno, i just felt like telling the stroy,.. i finnaly saw the opertunity... i guees at the end of the day there are better things on the market then zaino

but as you said you want to try it for yourself

8. D&D Auto Detailing

I guess thats a good enough excuse Phil! Id be willing to put money down that you wont like it! I almost pulled the trigger on some Z2- Pro, but decided against it.

Hardcore Zaino guys like that crack me up.

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

HAHA I had to read thatl ike 3 times before I understood it :joint:

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

D00d, you crack me up... I am still laughing out loud (literally) from the above line

11. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

well he might, its very subejctive but from what he has posted before im thinking he wont.. but hey you never know

I guees theres a reason im not an english major...

haha i do what i can.. does it show i havent slept yet, stupid exams
    ohh and on a side note, i frogot to add the guy called justin from vegas letting us know how much he loved the job and he had people drooling over his car... asked if we would do some of his show cars.....

sorry to thread jack phil, ok back on topc...so that zaino stuff...

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I agree with the plastic look, seen several vehicles with it, and it does dive a plastic look. Also the hardcore Zaino people themselves will turn you off from the product, they push it so hard you dont even want to try it. Hey Phil, your buddy killrwheels likes it, so maybe you and him can hook up.:rollinglaugh:

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

HAHAH

14. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

I didn't like zaino when I tried it. It was on my friend's car. I wish I had a picture. He did half the car in zaino, and I used some Duragloss stuff that he had on the other half. Both of us liked the duragloss half better. I also agree with the "plastic look"

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Go for it Phil. I am a big fan of Zaino. I have been using it since 2000 back when they would still put the labels manually on the bottles.

I have customers that request it so I need it in my arsenal. I am old school and still use Z1. But Z5 and Z2 Pro are STELLAR products. You cannot go wrong with it.

And guess what: the stuff lasts LONGER than anything I've ever used before.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Duragloss ROCKS!!!:headbang:

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I don't agree with the "plastic look".

[​IMG]

18. D&D Auto Detailing

Cant really tell in pictures.

19. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

plastic look was the non-pro version, it makes me wonder why people would mention such an outdated info.

Try z-5, z-2 and z-8. I don't care much about z-cs, it's a nice product, just not on the same level as z-2/z-5.

On black, i would do 2 layers of zfx'ed z5, 1 layer of zfx'ed z2 and then top it off with z8.

If you don't like how zaino performs, there are plenty of members who would love to take it off your hands.

PS : oh yeah and use very very little.

20. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Ok, I can't believe I didn't see this before!!!

First of all, I LOVE zaino, and still do. The comments that it makes the paint look like plastic kind of surprise me. I have pictures of my dads corvette that i did in zaino, and I think some of my old SVT.

Zaino is no carnuba, it makes the paint look 'wet'. I topped it with a carnuba after doing the zaino treatment. I have to say nothing short of the higher end zymols hold a candle to that. And it wasn't exactly an awesome wax that I topped it with(souverign). I did two layers of Z-5 PRO, spray it down in between coats with Z-6. ZFX does make a big difference. Then I did two layers of Z-2 Pro, once again sprayed down in between each coat. The paint looked stunning.

I LOVE the leather treatment, and in my comparisons it is by FAR the best. Comparing this to leatherique and connolly hide care.

[​IMG]
    Doesn't look plastic to me...