Zaino is a lazy man's friend

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Dust2Glory, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Good eye. :gidiup:

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Meguiars calls their polishes glazes.

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Zaino is my favorite sealant
    No wait, Rocket seal is :whistle:

The term "polish" has always been used interchangably w LSPS.

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Rocket Seal is re-bottled Z?????????????:popcorn:

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

uh-ho... I see Piet is on here... I'm gonna get it now. Ok, ok maybe I'm trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill... but it's funny to see how religious Z users get when you knock their product!!!!

haha lol

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

HAHAHAHA that's too awesome.

1) There are a lot of Zaino Zealots out there. They are losers, ignore them. They have blinders on.
    2) Does the stuff work well? Damn right it does. Best sealant out there. Apart from Jetseal... :whistle:
    3) Their market is the average shadetree detailer who wants a great product that is easy to use. And they do a job of marketing to those people.
    4) I know that Sal markets Z2 and Z5 as a polish, even though they're pure sealants. Confusing, to say the least.
    5) Zaino Z5 does have filling abilities, I've seen it many times and I've used it for that purpose many times. When a customer has some minor hologramming from improper washing (I guess those are spiderwebs), Z5 takes great care of it. And since it lasts for a while, it's what I personally use to protect my truck that now sits outside until my garage is built...

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

hey send me some rocket seal!!!!

And he has to say RS cause CG gives him so much free crap that if they find this thread they might cut him off!!!!

8. D&D Auto Detailing

I cant stand those damn Zaino Zealots. They really turn you off to even trying Zaino.

9. Mindflux

Darn those Zaino Zealots!

It's not like we talk to Sal all the time *cough* Dan *cough*.

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

no its not :)

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I'll jump in here as a new Zaino user. I refrained from even trying the product because of the Zaino Zealots, which is a really stupid reason for not trying a product but alas my wife says I'm really not all that brilliant anyway, LOL. When I used it, and let me preface this with I have used a ton of sealants, it was the best I had used and if durability is what is claimed it will be without question the best. I should have tried it a long time ago.

Now if a little minor filling and I STILL contend that when manufacturers say filling they mean VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY minor filling, is what gets you just use Z2 Pro. I have used Product X which is suppose to have some of the most filling ability on the market and believe me it did very little to hide swirls. The most it does is some very minor rounding of the edges of the swirls and again its like the very very above thats how little it did. I was about to do some actual correction on that paint and just wanted to see what it was capable of and should have taken a pic because in reality it did very little.

Heck to get the very best out of Zaino it does require a little work so why wouldn't they use some marketing to appeal to those that aren't willing or educated in detailing enough to do all the required work. I contend if you use it and give it a fair chance you won't be disappointed in it.

12. Mindflux

Well put JL! :)

I just got in a batch of Clear Seal, Z8 and Z-PC. :D

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:popcorn:

almost epic thread

:applause2:

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

My only real gripe with Zaino is the ZFX. You spend money on the polishes then have to add them to a bottle a few drops of a $20 product so you can add a few coats in the same day. Id rather pay $5 more for the polish and have the benefit of adding multiple coats in one day.

15. Mindflux

Hrmm. What sealants can you currently buy that don't require a 24 hour cure time? Jetseal? Good luck with product longevity! I just don't get why everyone huffs and puffs about ZFX. It's not that freakin difficult. To top it off if you average 32 drops for every 8 ounces of polish (a bottle) ZFX breaks down 'cheaper' than just buying something for $5 more that's "ready" (assuming bottle sizes are comparable). Combine that with the added longevity ZFX brings.. and its just a no brainer.

16. dogma

dogma Guest

A loser ? Now I'm offended :gasp:

I could go on and on about products that don't live up to the hype.Zaino isn't one of them.
    Z5 for me does have some filling properties. Other than DG nothing compares in the durability department. Here's one OCW lasts for 5 months :giggle:

17. D&D Auto Detailing

No idea what you're trying to say here. Ive never talked to Sal or used Zaino.

18. Todd

Todd Banned

I think that this is the opposite of Zaino zealotry to be honest... Z5 does fill very little, but you have to use a lot fo layers/coats but so does any LSP that can layer. The filling is a property of leaving itself behind on the the paint.

I personally don't find Zaino's claims to outrageous (sometimes I find the people that use Zaino a little outragoues the same as I find threads such as this that really offering nothing).

Lets look at some OTHER claims from products used a lot on this board....

ZYMOL Ital

"Treat your Italian stallion to a truly continental wax without stepping foot on an airplane. With Zymol Ital Estate Glaze, your Italian car will get the special treatment it deserves right here in the US.

Ital Glaze is specially formulated to protect and enhance the relatively soft paint finish of the Italian car. Developed in cooperation with Ferrari North America, Ferrari Italy and Pininfarina, Ital Glaze pampers and protects your high performance vehicle.

Not only that, but Zymol Ital Estate Glaze enriches the color of your car, providing a clarity and depth of color generally not found in the original paintwork.

Zymol Ital Estate Glaze contains the very highest grade of Brazilian No. 1 Yellow and No. 1 White Carnauba by volume (90%Yellow, 10% White) making sure your Italian car has a brilliant and longer lasting shine. For that European flair, it doesn't get better than Zymol Ital Estate Glaze."

Since switching the F430 in '05, Ferrari has used a version of PPG's Cerma-Clear paint system. Hardley soft. Should we use Glasuar instead, considering the German origins? I mean this is designed for "Italian" paint even though Ferrari has used numerous paint manufacterer's. This is more misleading then saying something that fills...fills.

The best part (and the pardon granted on this forum) is WHITE carnauba wax. No such thing. All #1 carnauba is yellow and the only way to make it white is to use a chemical process such as bleaching (which I believe Terry from CMA stated is what they do with Pinnacle). So you are getting a wax designed for any paint that comes from Italy and uses a mythical wax that doesn't exist. Instead lets get upset about a polish that works by hand (all polishes work by hand, fwiw).

ZYMOL VINTAGE

"The Bentley of automobile waxes has arrived. Descended from royalty, the Zymol Vintage Glaze formula is based on the award-winning recipe crafted for the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet. And like a fine wine that improves with age, so too has the Zymol Vintage Glaze's mixture been perfected during the slow passage of time.

The Zymol Vintage Glaze's glossing powers come from the meticulously chosen natural ingredients. Chief among them is the 61% of No. 1 White Brazilian Carnauba Wax, the finest and rarest of carnaubas available. The rest of the Zymol Vintage Glaze formula is rounded out by natural oils and extracts, never harsh petrochemicals. And the majestic wax is suspended inside a translucent, gem-inspired glass case."

Not sure about the royalty thing of course... Umm Zymol is a new company that up until about 10 years ago was relabeling Meguiars' products so the history is probably a little inaccurate. Even more, it features the finest and rarest WHITE wax that doesn't exist (until it has been bleached).

from my 3 year old bottle of NXT "The longest lasting wax Meguiar's has ever produced"

This really tweaks my hide :p. I mean its not a wax and it doesn't last long...

This one is good...

SWISSVAX Scuderia

"Scuderia wax contains a much higher concentration of ultrapure Brazilian grade one carnauba wax (over 40% by volume). This premium wax is matched to the particular requirements of Italian vehicles like Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati, Lancia and Lamborghini"

Very cool since Ferrari uses PPG paint, Lamborghini uses an Audi paint system, Maserati uses the previous generataion Ferrari paint and Fiat and Alfa use a water based British paint. And yet this wax is covers all of them because they are all from the same penninsula....

I could keep going for hours but I see a lot of product sellers that do far more truth streching and even out right lies (Zymol says you have to FEED your PAINT, LMAO) and nobody cares. Zaino speaks the truth but twists it for marketing and people make threads about it.

19. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

I personaly cant wait for a company to make a polish/wax that will fill everything. The diference is i wouldnt sell the service as a machine correction. The only time i find filling a pain is when it is in polishes that are ment/advertised for tru corection which intern hinders what i can see. So for all my customers who just want a hand wax or the car that has been polished to an inch of its life i say bring on the fillers hehehe.

20. Mindflux

3M Imperial Hand glaze pretty much already fits that bill along with about 500 other glazes.