your favorite interior cleaner???

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by supercharged, May 15, 2008.

1. J_Edwards

J_Edwards Any Rag Vehicle Washer

1Z Cockpit Premium is awesome, I use that frequently but I still stick with my 6:1 dilution of Woolite at times. Hasn't let me down yet.

2. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

I use CG's Green clean total interior/exterior, works well and doesn't take much to clean a large area.

3. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Allbrites rug and upholstery cleaner. Takes out everything and leaves a nice scent.

Cheap and will take out some very nasty things if used undiluted.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Einszett Cockpit!

5. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

i think we know what is the majority of what we used... hands down 1Z cockpit... Thanks Phil for the 10liter... wuhuh..

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Is it really that good? Better than the Woolite mixture?

7. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Actually, I never tried a Woolite or mixture or anything else for that matter. Since I got serious about this about a year ago, I just use Cockpit Premium. I have no desier to try anything else. Call me close-minded, but it works every time on every interior I've ever done. Their Plastic + Vinyl cleaner is great as well for thos stubborn stains/marks where your feet get and out of the car.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, so what steamer are you waiting for Carlos? I ended up purchasing a SteamFast SF-275 from eBay for less than $80. I plan on getting something better but this will do for now. The majority of my interior cleaning will now be left to the SteamFast instead of doing APC mixture wipe downs.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

This is the steamer I'm after:
    [​IMG]
    The exact same one FMINUS purchased, it's the Therma Kleen Vapor.

I wont be able to purhcase it till the wife picks a house for us to move in to and then I'll have to re-do the garage of the new house to meet my speeks :giggle: so I got quite a bit of work a head of me...hopefully wife will pick a house soon though :waiting: :waiting: :waiting2: :waiting2:

10. Chris-520e39

Chris-520e39 Virgin Detailer

Personally I use DP Total Interior Cleaner for cleaning, and for the last finish i use Optimum Leather Protectant :) Works great and sure does leave a great finish!

11. Arek

Arek Any Rag Vehicle Washer

12. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Leather Stuff/Natural Look for interior. Trim Restorer is for exterior surfaces and will run oily/greasy on the interior.

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

1Z Cockpit premium is great for so many uses and Leather Masters strong cleaner works wonders.:headbang:

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

This place, Majestic Solutions, is a detailing supply outfit about 5 miles from me. They've got a big chem lab in the back of the building and with a few exceptions, make their own stuff.

These two products are astonishingly good:

Leather and Plastic Cleaner
    Lemonator

I believe they'll ship pretty much anywhere in the lower 48. The "lemonator" carpet cleaner is amazing as a carpet and upholstery stain lifter. It's brainlessly easy and, so far, has managed to clean basically everything I've thrown at it. Including a neglected, 20 year old Honda CRX.

15. motomofo

motomofo Virgin Detailer

I've always used Lexol pH-Leather Cleaner, and Lexol Leather Conditioner on all my leather interiors, followed by Vinylex Vinyl Protectant for the vinyl dash and sidepanels.

16. Peugeot

Peugeot Birth of a Detailer

Exactly what I do. Woolite dilution for the sundry stuff and 1st pass. Followed up with CP.

For those with old cars that have plastic that have outgassed and discolored over the years, I've found that Wolfgang's Vinyl Protectant is pretty good. It does leave a coating behind and probably isn't good for new BMWs, etc. But for an old Saab, Jag or Ford, does look nice.

Attached Files:

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

ONR, OPP, FK 108, FK 425, Meg QID, Meg #40, 4 Star leather conditioner

18. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

not a fan of lexol at all.. it leaves residue behind and can streak with ease.. it took me 3-4 hours to redo my mom's interior on a merc s63 AMG ..a 160k car and that the idiot left streaks all over. my mom was like wtf..literally.

cockpit premium is awesome for the dash and doors and such..no leather as it leaves a slight matte finish..but really only noticeable on some black plastic or vinyl..even then it can be tough to spot. it flashes off really really fast which is another reason if not the main reason why people like it. very safe for a product containing amonia..at least i think it does..either way i keep it away from clear plastic and windows..

for leather get some detail sponges and get a leather master trio set.. the stuff kicks some serious ass. very very safe and does a great job of cleaning and protecting without making the seats greasy..it makes them soft and supple even on the tougher BMW Dakota leather..top quality stuff for sure..even cleaned my lamb skin jacket really really well and that leather is softer than a babies ass too. as fragile as it can get and no issues..

in the end i want a good steamer..but not until i move out.. i want a vapor chief..i thought about an extractor but really have no need for one as this is my hobby for my cars not for others..i use rubber matts all year.they look great so why not? and the carpet around it never gets damaged even from snow and salt..the matts rock.

finally i really LOVE swissvax.. swissvax plastic, SV seal feed, sv leather milk and leather cleaner..just quality products period..

19. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Why? It's recommended for it.

20. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

All I use on leather is Lexol (cleaner and conditioner) and I've never had it streak yet. Maybe they put too much on or something. It really is a nice product, if applied properly.