yellow road paint

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mixxer, Aug 1, 2008.

1. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

I have client with a white car that has it all over here paint. Whats the best way to go here? Im thinking clay first but there might be other altenatives?:popcorn:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If its fresh you will be able to get it off using a mineral spirit, a soft touch and a bunch of time. If its been on awhile and cured, its off to the bodyshop she goes! Once that stuff cures, the clearcoat around it will come off before it does. Ask me how I know.

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I always use a solvent with road paint. Stoner Tarminator works really well too.

As mentioned above, once the paint cures it is very hard to get off. Different places use different types of road paint, some comes off easy and others don't.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I've only seen this once and boy was I in for work out, my scenario was not on the paint but more on the wheel wells and wow what a pain.

AS for being on the paint I would have to agree with 911 Fanatic, once it's bonded to the paint not much you can do. I've tried removing some by hand on the wheel wells and it's nearly impossible to remove by hand, I've used Tarminator as well but it didn't do so well for me.

Well just my :2cents:

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

So did you just have to leave it or managed to reduce it a little?

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I reduced...a bit, but to be honest I personally felt all my efforts were waisted as it just looked back, it was a mixture of white and yellow paint. The owner was happy to see it reduced a bit but I sure wasn't pleased at all. I didn't even bother taking pictures of it because I was so disappointed, I should have as I would now be able to show the difference but oh well.

Any who Tarminator did help a bit, but the thing with Tarminator is that it works a bit slow, so it just takes time and I used various brushes, but to be honest your best bet is doing with a set of pliers that's how hard it bonds :shakehead:

Well just my opinion.

7. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow that's an interesting product, I wonder how eShines new APC would hold up against such a mess :thinking: :thinking:

Thanks for sharing MrPolished&WAxed :peace:

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

10. mixxer

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've heard you can use a plastic safety knife if careful. Sounds risky to me though.

12. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Used these, they are quite solventy in smell/use. Only used it once on a latex covered vehicle that had baked for a few months.

Might want to try them out, they are super strong.

13. mixxer

Thanks!

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

u might try 3000 grit sand paper... and red meg's clay is really aggressive as well