Working on a Lusso high end wax......need help

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, May 29, 2009.

1. k1msta

k1msta Guest

really nice

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Cool beading pics :cheerl:

3. digneesh

digneesh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Really nice! Beautiful clarity on that car!

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

sorry guys for the delay a few car shows and tons of summer sales have put us a bit behind on this one.

i have a few samples for the guys on the list can you email me your addresses again, make sure you include your screen name.

1. FMINUS
    2. Clever Nickname
    3. Dave KG
    4. Jim@Auto Perfection
    5. mrgolfrider
    6. c32AMG-DTM
    7. vxrmarc
    8. roy
    9. scottieb
    10. asphaltrocket

thanks,
    phil

5. detailersdomain

a few of them went out already so look out for it.

vrmarc fiminus clever nickname I know went out...

I need more samples and more will go out.

6. detailersdomain

on papaya orange..

[​IMG]

on Deep Blue Metallic

[​IMG]

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

that orange looks cool :D

I wish I could get a sample.

8. k1msta

k1msta Guest

9. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

My sample arrived today Phil, thanks. Will post a detail as soon as I can.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Great new pics, cant wait for this to get into peoples hands and see some more pics! I was using the org Lusso and I thought it looked great.

11. detailersdomain

Please post your results here.

12. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

I just booked a dark metallic green GP for next week. This will be the car for the new wax.

Phil, do you want Revitalizing Cream under the new Lusso or not? I have free reign on this job, so the customer doesn't care one way or the other. What are your thoughts?

13. detailersdomain

you can do whatever you want ....

just make sure you apply and remove within 20-40 seconds.

14. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

Arrived safely thankyou and on my car within 2 hours...Ill do a thread on it with some pics of first impressions and application etc. I like so far :worship2:

15. detailersdomain

great! cant wait

16. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Lusso Oro prototype... I was one of the lucky boys to get to try this wax before its debut (thanks to Phil at detailersdomain) and these are my thoughts: First of all, WOW what a pleasant scent! When I opened the jar I almost felt like shucking my work clothes and heading to the beach for a piƱa colada! Density: hard as a rock. I tried to plunge my... finger into it and it just wasn't budging. That tells me that it's packed to the hilt with nuba. Also the very fine grainy texture is a nice nuba-filled sign. When I apply wax, I'm a "swiper" not a "rubber" which means that I like to swipe my applicator across the top instead of rubbing it around. Maybe it's just mental, but I fell that you get the best "dosage" of the wax that way. Anyway, I started to apply the wax and then noticed that in some places it looked as if I'd missed some spots. The I got the feeling that I was just applying oils instead of wax. After that, I slowed down my application motion and applied it "more than evenly" and everything was OK and I got a nice, even and hazy layer.

I would suggest a little less oil in this wax, but I know that would lead to "stickier" application. IMO this wax needs to be worked in a bit more than the conventional wax, but then again I don't think it's the "conventional" wax.

Final thoughts: FANTASTIC. Just like a woman that drops jaws when she enters the room or an exotic sports car, this wax requires a bit more attention than the average one, BUT a very nice, glowy wax and though durability is not important to me, we'll see what that's like in a few months! Oh and removal... it came off like nothing was even there after curing for about 30 minutes... if I had to compare it to another wax (concerning removal) I would compare it to CG 50/50 or InstaFinish Premium Wax... they both come off like butter. Here's he results of the first application:

[​IMG]

I applied this wax on another car today and noticed something a bit different from the first time. I repeated the slow, overlapping motions as before, but this time when I was removing it there were some places that obviously I applied a bit too much on and they were a PITA to remove. It was almost trying to remove Victoria Wax after it's already set. Just a thought on removal: I'd suggest that it's removed before it dries. Then again, because of the oils in it, it may smear... I'll give it a try next week on a Scaglietti that I'm doing and post the results.

17. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

wow, the California looks amazing, looks like with a bit of work this is going to be an amazing wax!

18. detailersdomain

hey jesse, thanks for the update. Okay try applying and then removing on each panel don't let it set.

you will get a super easy application and removal.

let me know how the next car goes, I will have more samples shipped out on Monday.

19. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I have been using the original Lusso on my car and loving it! I can't wait for the new version to come out!

20. detailersdomain