Working on a Lusso high end wax......need help

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, May 29, 2009.

1. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

1.Easy on and off like souveran or 50/50 with a pad or mealy like zymol for hand use
    2.Does not mute metallics
    3.rolls off water like zymol
    4.Keep it around 100$
    5.Focus on nuba glow more than fake plastic wet look

I would be more than happy to test it(I have a blue,red and white car)if I can ever get pics loaded to this site.

2. Roy

Roy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Phil,

Looking forward to this, I was talking about this with Autoperfection today at a uk meet. Got some uber applicators too!! Or big red as we call them.

I think if you try at get it up around 50% nuba, yellow and white wax, and make it so it goes on nice by pad (I never apply waxes by hand anymore) and you'll be on to a winner.

Roy.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I used the prototype with great results today but since it had more carnauba in it , it was definitely harder to apply

4. detailersdomain

sure thing.

on the pics host them on photobucket.com and then copy and paste the links on the site.

5. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Hmmm, 50% carnauba? Wouldn't that make it as hard as concrete in the tin? :shead:

6. jsndiesel

jsndiesel Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i love the original wax so any kind of improvement would be great.

7. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i find that if i let lusso oro cure on a panel too long it becomes a little "difficult" to remove. so if something could be done in that department that would be nice. higher nuba content would be sweet. a little more durability as everyone says. but PLEASE keep that same scent. i love it. maybe a nicer looking container or something.

oh and id be down for testing it if youd like.

8. jsndiesel

jsndiesel Any Rag Vehicle Washer

[​IMG]

here is a pic of lusso on the hood of a suv as the sun is setting.

9. detailersdomain

Lusso is ment to stay wet on the paint you NEVER want it to dry on the paint or its like concrete.

Apply on the panel and remove to a deep wet gloss.

10. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Phil, I would be in for a sample and a pot if it tests well. In my opinion, it should be easy to apply and remove, durable and work well on all colors. I used Souveran for the first time today (finally put down my Supernatural) and was thoroughly impressed with the results. So easy to apply and remove. I will not be able to supply any feedback about durability because I detail my car every week (yes, I try a new wax and procedure every week). As for the SV wax argument, all I have tried is Onyx and I am not a huge fan of it. My Concourso arrives Tuesday so I may just do a mid week detail to check it out. Keep us updated, I would be very interested in a sample pot.

11. detailersdomain

sure thing.

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

There is a big difference between Onyx and Concorso so you will be happy with it.

13. detailersdomain

2nd that one.

14. detailersdomain

some pictures of work we did today with the Lusso that we are testing.

Cobra Rep (we did a full 2 step polish on this about 1 year ago, all we did today was wash and tested the Lusso on it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On a black 997 Turbo (we did a major detail on this 2 years ago! all we did today was polish with 106fa and apply Lusso that we are testing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Looks like the wax has some nice gloss, can't wait to try a sample.

16. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Lol, you sure you aren't tricking us by photoshopping pictures into the paint? :yikes:. Dang that looks good. I wouldn't mind a sample either. Been buying boutique waxes lately so this could be a nice change :help:

17. detailersdomain

you don't consider lusso a boutique wax?

18. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Haha, by boutique I meant very expensive stuff :p

19. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Sweet, I can't wait to try this, it looks like it works well on black!

20. Bigpikle

Bigpikle Any Rag Vehicle Washer

1. extra durability
    2. increaaed ease of cleaning eg Vintage releases dirt MUCH better than any other wax I have tried and I'd like to see that in this product

please keep us up to date :thumb: