Working on a Lusso high end wax......need help

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, May 29, 2009.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I'm probably going to it at $99 as a price.. and very limited.
    once the first batch is out if we need improvement we will do a version 2, 3 etc...

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Sounds good, will be waiting on my sample.:thumb:

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I'd like to see what you come up with. I think you already have great ideas from Dana on what to look for. My SV has never sweat, but then again, I live in the Bay Area with perfect weather on a silver car :p:

Can't wait to see what you come up with Phil!

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Which ones have you used, plus I can be heavy handed at times.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

two things id like to see. better durability, and more nuba content. ease of use is already superb. especially over the lusso revitalizing creme. that in itself leaves a better look than dodo lime prime lite. although lpl leaves the paint slicker.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

oh, and i wonder what this one is going to be called. whats the spanish word for platinum?

7. d00t

Just concorso.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I never got any sweating from that either, try the others above that and I bet you will get some. No matter how thin I apply them, once in awhile they will sweat.

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Phil, if you can make it look like RBOE, I'd buy a pot. The warmth and depth of RBOE is just incredible, as I'm sure you know. It's like using Vintage at a tenth of the cost

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love Lusso Oro, it's a very nice wax at a great price point. It's easy to apply and remove.

But, the durability just isn't there. If Lusso was to come out with something new, it would have to increase the durability.

11. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

2nd. This is what I noticed when testing Lusso Oro. I would definitely be down for this new wax - and I would be happy to be a guinnea pig! :mounty:

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Platino. Lusso Platino sounds good.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Amen to that my friend. I'm part of the RBOE cult myself. [​IMG]. You can probaly buy around 35 pots of RBOE for the price of one of Vintage.

14. d00t

Interesting--how far up have you gone in the line? I'd be pretty mad if I saw CR, Mystery, or Divine sweating :thud:

15. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

What benefits would a higher carnauba content ostensibly bring? And what are its disadvantages? It would be interesting to bring Dom Colbeck of Dodo and Ben of Rubbish Boy into the conversation.

What ingredients give a wax durability? What ingredients give a wax depth or wetness?

What it sounds like, though, is that folks would like to see a $100 version of Vintage. Is this accurate?

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

All the way up the line, I guess you will be mad then.

17. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Hey Phil, I'd love to get a test sample of the New Lusso, and report back to you.:thumb:

18. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Additional carnuaba content makes the wax harder since something has to be reduced to make room for the exta nuba.

19. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sounds Like you got alot of great Ideas and headed in the right direction. Put in me in

20. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

we should have gotten the durable part down.

yup more carnauba = hard