Wolf's spray on clear bra "The Mask" finally ready

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Wolfs Chemicals, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

Looks like an outstanding product that'll be very useful for all car enthusiasts to have in their detailing arsenal. Can't wait to try this!

2. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

You're right, there still was some slickness there, it just slightly impacted it. I was not using a very durable LSP either. Frankly, even if it impacted it more heavily I'd still use it! The concept is great. Spray on before a long trip, spray off when you get there, then reapply for the ride home. I'm picking up a new BMW in South Carolina in Feb, believe it or not I'm going to mail some of this to the hotel.

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Question:

Does the surface need to be freshly washed before application?

I'm going to guess so for adhesion.

4. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks buddy!

Cheers buddy! Actually you can use it for more than just before road trips! If you take the car to the mechanic's spray the fenders and hood before, use it if you're taking a car to the car show, as you've said also to deliver a car, etc. It's pretty cool stuff :)

It doesn't have to be "clean" clean, but it would be best. It will bond to basically anything you spray it on, as it's pretty sticky stuff!

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Jesse. I had a question. As I was waxing my brother's 3-piece wheels a few days ago, I was thinking... what a pain in the ass it is to use a regular wax applicator and regular waxes/sealants to get around the rivets in these types of wheels. Either you take a really long time and do each river or you half ass it because it's so time consuming. So I got to thinking... can you use the "mask" on wheels? Since technically you just spray it on and you don't "buff it off". It would save a ton of time. I want to hear your thoughts on this.

6. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

How the hell did I miss all of this? This is incredible and will be reading more on it as it becomes available. Really looking forward to this product, great job!

7. Chaseme

It's available now Jay. Phil carries it.

8. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

This stuff looks incredible

9. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

11. Wolfs Chemicals

Well technically you could, but it would wash off in the rain!

Wow that's interesting... I thought we were the first ones to come up with such a product! How long has this been out?

12. Chaseme

Jesse,

Is there any particular sprayer bottle this should be applied with for best application?

13. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

used it probably 4-5 years ago

14. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Same here for this one that my brother bought.

[​IMG]

15. viOlaziOne

viOlaziOne Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've seen my Father use this before our road trips to Georgia from New Jersey .. it's a little more work to tape off the headlights, grille and what not but this product didn't come off when it rained .. took a pressure washer to remove which is a really nice feature .. I have to get a few cans of this for the Summer but I really want to try The Mask so I'll be ordering that as well LOL might as well :)

16. Wolfs Chemicals

Nope any spray bottle will suffice!

17. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Here is my TSA carry-on approved Mask kit I put together to pick up my new car... requires a strong index finger but works well. You can see I only used about 3oz to cover the front grill of a BMW 7-series.....

[​IMG]

18. Chaseme

Haha. Oh man. I get fatigued with trigger bottles. My pointer would not be happy using those sprayers.

Thanks for letting me know the usage rate.

19. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

I thought about cutting a trigger sprayer for those bottles but I was in a hurry, figured I'd suffer for 10 minutes and just get the job done....3 minutes in I regretted it

20. Atherton213

Atherton213 Two Bucket System Washer

Just ordered some.... No one has had issues with it drying and clogging a spray bottle or anything....I'm not sure what kinda bottle I should get to apply this

Soon to be love bug season in Florida lol