Wolf's Hard Body

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by dogma, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I have used Hard Body on my brother car. I got two coats on it but that car is a garage queen most of the year and only goes out in the summer. I washed it maybe three or four times during the warmer months and beading was super strong every time.

I really want to put it on my own car but just didn't get the opportunity this year. Maybe next year.

2. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

how many corolla do you guys think the wolf HB and the opti-coat can cover? Just the panel, no window and no wheels

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

HB maybe 10-15 and OC 3-4.

4. Kaban

I'd say that's about right. I only used the HB for two coats on one car and there is still easily 7/8 of the bottle remaining.

5. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Hardbody does go a long way, im not a big fan of Machine application though, i did it by hand, 2 coats of my Mach 1 on the 3rd week in august, still beads like day 1. Once the initial slickness went away i used Chem Guys V7 to boost the gloss and slickness, good combo.

I love hardbody's durability, its truely epic, but my mach 1 is officially a weekend only car and garage kept so she will be going back to a premium carnauba soon.

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

If you put it in a spray bottle and use machine application, I would say around ~25. I've done around 20 cars with it, and still have about 20% of the bottle left.

7. ModdedMach

Ive heard this is a good way to apply, mist the panel with HB, then use a DA with a finishing/LSP pad to spread it around and work it into the paint.

How hard is it to clean the pad of HB afterwards?

8. Kaban

Is there a specific spray bottle you guys are using with the HB or BW?

The DA method seems like a good idea, but wouldn't the foam pad absorb alot of the HB?

9. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I mist the pad not the panel, usually 2 squirts. I dedicate a red 5.5" pad for HB use only. I clean it with some APC right after I'm done using it. Comes pretty clean. The HB doesn't crystallize on the pad or anything. Body Wrap was easy by hand. It was just like using OS, ZCS or UPGP. I found HB a bit harder to put down as thin and even layer by hand the first couple of times I used it. Then I tried the machine application and thought that it was obvious that I had to remove less excess. I'm sure that we are working the nano particles into the paint better with the machine.

10. ModdedMach

I am going to try this next time i so a clients car with Hardbody, when i first started using the product i overused, i think the DA application will be key to getting the most coats out of a bottle, in fact, i have a 2.45oz spray bottle that would be perfect for this.

Im going back to wax soon, but im going to try hardbody on my chrome plated wheels when i correct, id like to see how well it does.

11. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I had a 6 oz spray bottle with a mist pump spray head that fit the HB bottle. Just had to cut down the length of the sprayer tube to match the HB bottle. I got the bottle from Walmart or Target health & beauty section. You could always just get one of those smaller 2-3 oz bottles with a mist sprayer and pour some HB into it. Those bottles are common in the H&B section in Walmart where the empty travel-size bottles are.

12. ModdedMach

^Thats exactly what i have, got it from Target. Im going to see if the sprayer head fits the bottle now...lol

13. Kaban

Great idea! Thanks.

14. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Is that one or two coats?

15. Dbowhntr

Dbowhntr Virgin Detailer

Could HB be used on a fiberglass boat like a bass boat type finish?

16. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Don't see why HB won't work on gel-coat.

17. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

HB or OC? What's preferred and why?

18. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Hardbody FTW! if its a lighter color car OC is great and its more "permanent" but HB gives an incredible depth,shine and gloss. With the DA method of application it just flies!

19. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Only a month and the slickness and beading is awesome. This maybe my favorite coating only time will tell. BTW I did apply with a Hydro Tech red pad and a Griot DA.

20. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Yup! going on two months here! Im really curious as to the long term protection of it. There was a bird bomb on the paint that was left on for over a week, took the hose and it fell off. After close inspection under my light there was absolutely NO etching. Over a week and no etching, that is phenomenal!