Wolf's Hard Body

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by dogma, Aug 22, 2012.

1. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

You won't be disappointed !!!

2. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Body Wrap is pretty slick to the touch, especially after a reparation wipe down!

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Is HB slicker than BW?

4. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Slightly :)

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Gotta say im pretty impressed thus far, I applied some HB to my new wheels.......... man, a little does go a long way, I applied it by hand with a foam applicator pad. 2-3 drops max for an entire wheel. Super slick and very nice tight beading.

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Nice. I would grab a small push-top spray bottle for it for a more even application.

7. Andy6228

Andy6228 Birth of a Detailer

How does the push top sprayer application work? Spray on the car or an applicator? I saw one post above that talked about a DA and a grey pad. What works best?

8. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

I think applying it with a DA will give you a much more even coverage :)

9. Andy6228

Andy6228 Birth of a Detailer

Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response.

10. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

A bit of advice for applying wolfs BW or HB, I have tried various methods and I seem to have the easiest time with 2 clean MF towels. Use one to wipe on the nano to the panel, as per jesse's advice work it in crosshatch to help organize the nano particles evenly. But, go behind with a clean second towel and work patiently back and forth until it completely clears. Do not let residue dry, the stuff should dry completely clear with no haze at all. Then wait 20 min before second application. Esp is you use shine and seal prior you'll have an easy time applying streak free! Hands down Jesse, this stuff beats ANY lsp in the world. BMW told me my paint "is not normal" haha! Love wolfs!

11. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

I finally got to try HB last week, applied it to an MP4-12C and it looks pretty darn good! I look forward to maintaining the car and seeing how well the stuff holds up.

-Kody-

12. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

for those of you that have experience with both Wolf HB & Opticoat 2.0 what do you like better and which was easier to apply? I currently have opticoat 2.0 but im scared to try it out :(

13. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

push top sprayer would be the "thumb sprayer"

spray onto a pad and work into the paint with DA.

using thumb sprayer evenly dispenses the liquid compared to "dribbling" it out of the top.

yup

Phil would be a good person to ask about this. would like to know his response. :)

14. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

Personally, I don't think either are that difficult to apply; but put Hard Body in a travel sized spray bottle and apply via DA, and that's about as easy as it gets.

Both sealants have their purpose. Personally, I think opti-coat/guard is more of a work horse, every day beater kind of sealant. Great for a vehicle that you want good, low-maintenance protection on. Generally, the people I sell opti-guard to are the type of people who want their cars to look good and be well protected, but aren't super anal about maintaining their cars.

Hard Body is generally something I sell to people who are more meticulous about maintaining their vehicles. Its super slick - which a lot of people love, long lasting, scratch resistant, and looks freakin incredible. I think its a great product for show cars and garage queens as well as well maintained daily drivers.

You can't go wrong with either one, but I'll just add this: Hard Body really impressed me the first time I used it - and it still does.

15. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for letting me know, Im really meticulous about my cars (and my parents) my MINI is a garage queen and i dont mind rubbing on her every few months but my dads A6 is a DD and with his schedul/mine its hard to keep up on it. I bought the opticoat for his A6 but being "scared" to apply it ive just been researching it alot and am not sure I want to apply it to his A6, I think Opticoat will make its way onto my brothers new jeep for some minor off road branch protection :)

Im going to order wolfs HB, his A6 is phantom black pearl and i want to accentuate that and im affraid Opticoat wont do the color justice. Judging from your review and others HB will be a nice pair with the Audi :) im also glad that its not "as permanent" as opticoat because i do like to keep his DD swirlfree and since its a DD everytime i protect it I do some very minor polishing

Have you guys layed HB with a wax? or do you just apply it and call it a day? also what pad do you use for the sealent before hand and also to apply HB? I also have a Flex 3401 and a PC7424 should i use the PC for application or can I use my flex?

16. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

Is this coming out soon? When will Phil have it?

17. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Knowing Phil its already on its way.

18. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

anyone know how resistant HB is to other chemicals, like wheel cleaners or APCs?

19. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

Sent you a PM with a video in it. Just apply Hard Body and call it a day. If you'd like to do 2 coats to ensure good coverage, you could do that; but Hard Body's so slick that I doubt any wax would stick to it for long. You'd just be wasting product. Use the PC for applying it with a black pad on speed 2-3.

20. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Just curious, what's the point of the added agitation of speeds 2-3 instead of 1, when applying an lsp with no polishing properties? I see others saying use a higher speed as well and I never got why. I use speed 1 as to not induce any heat or make the product flash any quicker than its supposed to. Like replicating hand application. Any particular reason to use speed 2-3?