Wolf's Hard Body

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by dogma, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

A big thanks to Phil for getting my Wolf's Hard Body shipped so fast ( as usual).
    I thought Body Wrap was awesome, but Hard Body is even better. Can I use Wolf's QD between coats of HB or BW ? I also will use it after washing with ONR. I read in a post at Detailing World that Wolf's is coming out with a no rinse wash of their own. Is this true? When will it be available.

2. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

hi! Honestly ypou won't need to use the QD that often. I think once a month is more than enough :). Yes we have developed a new rinseless car wash and it should be ready to hit the shelves in a couple of weeks!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im buying a new car.........

Im on the fence about HB, Do I have to use wolfs products to maintain it? basically I just want to wash it, maybe post wipe it down and not have to change my product line up.

Ive heard nothing bad about it, its this or opticoat.

I want something that was like I had on my STI, which was Cquartz, basically all I had to do was foam it with whatever shampoo, let it dwell and pretty much blast off the dirt if it was not overly dirty.

4. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

In the Body Wrap thread you said not to use your QD all the time. In my case I use my daily driver for work and i take my car out on the weekends and it really doesn't get that dirty. That's why after I drive it I just spray down with a QD or every other week I use ONR. Right now I have 2 coats of Hard Body on over Shine & Seal.
    I love the look more than the how durable it is. Durability is a bonus. Will other brands of QD's harm the HB or can ONR harm HB ? I am really looking forward to your no rinse.
    what do you suggest for my case?

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

How many cars will HB do?

6. shawn05sti

shawn05sti Virgin Detailer

I just applied it to my G37 sedan on friday and used about 10ml, so id say alot. I tried the spray bottle method I saw on here and it worked great. If anything I used alittle too much, but it was a breeze with a flex and a black pad. there was almost nothing to buff off after 15 minutes.

I used shine and seal as a base prep and I think it made a huge difference. I think I may have over used it a bit since I couldn't find how much everyone else was using per panel, I'd say I used prop 40ml on the car.

7. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

~20-25+ when used with a spray bottle.

8. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Is that one coat or 2 coats as recommended.

9. Kilo6_one

Do I have to use wolfs products to maintain it? basically I just want to wash it, maybe post wipe it down and not have to change my product line up.

Asking again.......... anyone know?

10. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

You should be good with your current product line up. I just sold my STI and bought a 2012 wrangler unlimited altitude edition and prepared it with hard body. I have used Aquartz mostly on my other cars but the hardbody is my new nano of choice. I just foam wash and dry using Adams wash and Adams quick detail. Also the hardbody is a much easier application.

This is a pic of my new ride after 2 coats of hard body. LOVE IT.

[​IMG]

11. shawn05sti

shawn05sti Virgin Detailer

I have been using a non gloss adding shampoo for washes for the aquartz and hardbody applied to my STi and 2 mustangs (CG citus daily/prima hydro) and topping with reload with no issues.

12. Kilo6_one

ok good to know.......... looks like ill be ordering some.

13. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

damn that jeep is slick looking!

14. Kilo6_one

one last questions, is it ok/ what happens if you wipe down post wash with say a chemical guys Pro detailer spray, does it not stick?

or again, am I relegated to buying Wolfs QD?

15. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Hi!

You shouldn't need any sort of a QD after washing with Hard Body... at least for some time! Our QD is made to repair a damaged coating and should not be used every time after washing... just not necessary. I don't suggest using any other QD's on it because yes, they will affect the coating's performance!

16. Kilo6_one

Ok, waiting for mine to arrive, that is exactly what I was looking for.......... something low maintenance.

So would you suggest in about two years to re-polish and then re apply or how should I go about elongating the protection?

17. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

to Kilo6_one and Jesse,

Jesse has received several emails from me about this already, but I have been a long time swissvax user, and have used concorso and mystery for the last 6 years thinking that nothing could even touch the looks they provided, well as Jesse knows, I have never even been able to describe how much better Wolf's looks than swissvax. the clarity and gloss are just superhuman....Swissvax was always superior but Wolf's literally leaves people astonished. At cars and coffee, I always get asked about my paint...no swirls plus wolf's, that's just a thing of beauty! There's a reason that Dave Saunders who is arguably one of the top guys in the world uses Wolf's lsp's almost on all his details!

Thanks Jesse for making THE best products in the world!

Lastly, if you havent checked out Dave's (dsms) recent thread about the RS5 and C63 he did, check those pics out especially of the RS5 which had Hard Body and those pics will speak for themselves.

18. Kilo6_one

Got mine in today!

probably won't get to try it until next week.

19. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

My car looks slick as fxxk after washing. Hard Body rocks! It's gold.

20. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

How's the slickness? Most coatings are not slick, but someone on another forum said that HB was super slick.