Wolf's Glass Guards Beading Pics

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kaban, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Hey guys,

Anyone have any pics of the glass guard beading from the rain? Reason I ask, is I am worried I didn't apply it correctly. I had some BFWD on the windows from a previous application (about 4 months prior that went through a full Chicago winter season...salt, etc.). I washed my car with dawn soap, claybarred the windows, and did an IPA wipedown (at about 25%) before application.

When I started using the Glass Guard, I applied it with a cotton make up pad. It would haze or flash as soon as I applied it. Literally about 3-4 seconds after doing a pass with the make up pad. I am not sure if it's supposed to do that. But, it's been raining here for over a day and I don't see any beading on the glass, almost as if there is no protection at all there.

I am wondering if anyone has beading pics to see what's it's supposed to look like and give me pointers about any mistakes I could have caused.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

how long did you leave it on for? I applied cquartz to glass and was not impressed, but wolf glass sealant gives me very tight beading, just like anal sex...

3. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

did you follow the directions on the bottle? of the top of my head you really need to work in small sections and work the product in. do the whole window a section at a time (i did 4, driver top -driver low- passenger top- pass low)and then do a section application on the whole window and let sit for 15 minutes...i have tested it on a couple customers vehicles but have only seen 1 since then. saw this car a couple months later and the water was sheeting right off the window, looked like it held up through the winter great.

4. Kaban

Left it for 15 minutes just like the directions. I applied it two weeks ago. Car was in the garage most of the time, hasn't seen a wash since application and first time it rained was a few days ago

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Also, you need to apply it LIBERALLY, just a couple drops won't cover the entire windscreen. Plan on using up to 5ml on the application. Good luck!

6. Kaban

Yeah man I suck at using products sparingly anyway, I am sure I used alot more product than needed like I always do. I don't understand why the beads look like beads you'd see from sealant or wax that has been applied months ago.

7. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Mine doesn't need very well, it sheets like crazy. I apply mine with a small piece of MF towel. It uses less and spreads easier than the cotton applicator.

8. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter