Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

What a joke....I was there and personally stood on that concrete. It was freshly poured and brand new. It was so white that even with sunglasses on it was irritating to my eyes.

2. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

3. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

That looks like just a typical job for Toto. He does great prep work. I would also note that it was also a done with a free sample that Max gave him. Ed. who did Meghan's 300 also does great work. He would not touch up his photo's for AG. I think the whole thing about touched up photos is a bunch of crap. From what I have seen in the photos it looks good but it don't look much better them some waxes available for much less.

4. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

This is a nice shot sent to me by a good friend who details he used megs DC 2.0 83 3M UF 21toped with 16 <----for anyone wondering. D40 auto setings. (And its outa focus). I personaly think lighter colors juat show up so clearly in refelction shots.
    [​IMG]
    o and some skills help to hehehe. lighter color of the objects in the refelction like white walls or ceiling.

5. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

Gents.

Its not an attack on some detailer's work
    Its not an attack on some wax product.

It's to point out that people are using over exposed pictures to sell work and product attributes. Be your own judge, buyer beware. I'll debate it until the end of time.

6. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

I agree. Myself I don't think I would spend that kind of coin on a wax.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Im getting a sample in, Ill put up a review when I get it :)

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Phil, why buy a sample when you can just order the whole thing? You could spend a Friday night all cozy on the couch with the missus and the nipper and watch the Wolfgang SUPER SPECIAL DVD!!!

:whistle:

9. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

last comment was on april, 2008..
    some people has tried fuzion but..
    whats actual opinion about the product?
    worth the money or not?

10. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I'm curious my self.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I don't think this sold very well. Perhaps a buy 1 get 4 free soon at AG?

12. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

lol..

13. yiyiyi204

yiyiyi204 Two Bucket System Washer

I am so down for this.

14. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

Did you already look? 'cause you aren't far off... it's on BOGO @ $100. You don't get the box, the DVD, or the refill... but most people were laughing at those marketing gimmicks anyway. So, if it's similar to CG 50/50, apparently it's also now similar to CG 50/50 in price (actually a bit cheaper, I think?). I was going to pull the trigger on some... until I searched for user reviews, and found the comments weren't stellar (IIRC they said it looked too much like a sealant, so might as well use a sealant). I would love to be wrong, and see a few user reviews from the folks who either bought this or received samples... but I'm leaning toward a CG or Werkstat order for my next batch of stuff to try.

15. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

FYI: Iain of Finer Details in England loves Fuzion. He's written a couple of reviews:

Fuzion review

Fuzion Review 2

Fuzion Review 3

His enthusiasm persuaded me to buy it when it went on sale last November. I haven't tried it yet.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i would say just stick to souveran .

17. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i say that now intill i buy fuzion:goodn:

18. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I pulled the trigger on the BOGO Free On Saturday. If it doesn't work out then I can stick to the Souveran. I'm thinking positive

19. bgray

bgray Birth of a Detailer

I own both...its alot ncie then souvern

20. orionz06

orionz06 Virgin Detailer

i guess to dig the thread out once more, and capture the scepticism as well, i will comment...

on the photo end of it, a longer exposure may capture the detail better... the detail has to be there to be captured... if the shine/depth/clarity/etc isnt there, the camera isnt going to add it... photoshop can only make up for so much in this respect... the real argument should be the overexposure of photos to begin with... 5 minutes with a camera manual and a book will have people way better off... that being said, heres a pic i took, and the conditions dictated that i used a shutterspeed of 3.2 seconds...

[​IMG]

now here is another, same thought...

[​IMG]

needed the TIME to capture the detail as the light wasnt available...

[​IMG]

this is the manipulation of light hide some defects... there are minor swirls, but the clarity is still there... you need light to get the swirls...

and the .:R32 has fuzion on the hood... i applied it in that picture... went on great in the weather, and still holds well through several snows storms, daily driven through salt (50 miles a day) and not washed often enough, but several touchless auto hits to get the salt off...