Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Mar 29, 2008.

1. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

There serious over exposures in some of the photos. If it was a incident of "white Florida cement" it would only effect the "white Florida cement". It wouldn't carry into the garage doors in the background or the white tent in the photos. Why do others in Florida post properly exposed photos? David Fermani and TH0001 being 2 off of the top of my head that are in Florida, post regularly, and don't have this metering issue with their cameras. Strange?

Overexposure washes out the details of all the white background objects in the pictures. For example, look at the roof on my house, its a bright white blob. While if I were a smart Photochopper, I could mask everything but the car and adjust the contrast and brightness to show insane gloss and reflection.

Its not about the wax. Like I said, "It could be the greatest thing since sliced bread or shoe laces". Souveran is nice, why would this be any different? Its about BS.

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I agree 100% with using photos to interpret how a wax looks. This is why I DID NOT post pics of the Wolfgang Fuzion. If I put Turtle Wax and Fuzion side by side and took photos do you really think you could tell the diff??

3. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Nope.........:whistle:

4. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Not sure if Ed photoshopped the pics(most likely not), but here are some screen captures with the properties listed including camera, exposure, white balance, etc... Not sure what this will tell you, but you can see his white balance(auto) and exposure(auto) was the same on all pics.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

You do some great work Pat. Did you purchase the Fuzion or get it as a sample?

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Lets keep this thread happy :)

k thanks...

I won't lie, I suck at taking photos. I really only post the least blurry ones. I would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I mean I have some seriously over exposed pictures of my camera. Sometimes when it is set to Av, pics look super bright and edited. Another factor as mentioned is the sun. I know a lot of my Newport pictures didn't turn out because the sun was so bright that everything white just glows. haha I could post some examples of how not to take pictures. I agree with Pat here. Personally I can't tell the difference between waxes once they are on the finish. Sure some look better than others, but it is rare that I find a huge difference between waxes.

7. jsatek

Thats great info dengood1, however it cant account for post-photo processing through an editor.

Nikon D40x, great camera. I use a D40.

8. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

:loud:I would suggest that everyone quite posting pictures of shinney cars except I like looking at them.

:popcorn::drinking2::picture:

9. Pats300zx

I received it as a sample as was asked to give my opinion of it. I think folks know me well enough by now. I have been on these detailing forums for 9 years. If the product sucked or was lousy I would have posted my findings either way.

10. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Has anyone been able to verify if the lot is paved or concrete ? if not then some are automaticly assuming its a paved lot..(asphalt)

11. Pats300zx

I was there. The lot was freshly poured concrete.

12. jsatek

Lets wrap it up.

Auto Geek is number one in my book!

13. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Thanks Pat, I wondered if you were willing to fork over $175.00 for it.

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i didn't think it was a paved lot the curb and parking lot appeared to be the same colors..also i noticed a wet spot under the right bumper of Meghans car that darkened the pavement..

[​IMG]

Thanks Pat :thumb:

15. devast8

devast8 New Member

Pat, did you ever tried CG 50/50, if yes, how does it compares?

16. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

it DOES, however, show if it was edited or not(date created, modified, accessed), right?

I agree that SOME of the pics are overexposed.......not all though.

17. Pats300zx

I have tried 50/50. From what I understand Fuzion is supposed to be very similar in that its a polymer and carnuaba mix.

18. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Ok guys lets be respectful. Ed is a friend of mine and I’ve seen he’s work first hand. IMO he dose phenomenal work. And I do know a few things about detailing. I’m sure he dose not use any photoshop tricks for his pics nor do I think they are enhanced in anyway shape or forum. What you see is what you get. That said lets get back to what we love to do is detailing.

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Al I have no doubt and never meant to infer that Ed did anything less than fantastic work BUT I have never taken a picture on white cement where it looked like the cement in the pics hence my inclination to think that something was done to the pics

20. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Who knew that washing and waxing cars could be so cutthroat and hostile and filled with pavement conspiracies!!! Look I'm just a newb to all of this but some of the stuff I see people arguing over on this and other detailing sites is just funny to me. :D

"Has it been confirmed wether or not it was pavement or asphalt???" OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

Good stuff none the less. :thumb: