Wolfgang DGPS beading and sheeting

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by klumzypinoy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I love carnaubas too. Will you ever record another video of the Glasur beading/sheeting?

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

sweet video of glasar, it looks like a nce wax.

Have you tried vintage, or concours? how de they compare in turms of beading/sheeting?

3. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I have to record more videos. But today I was looking for a change and I cleaned the paint with Polish with Sealant and then I applied 2 coats of Surf City Nano Seal. Well, the third is curing now, hehe.
    Calgarydetail, I don't have more Zymöl waxes. I'm going to try Concours maybe in a week, I bought it for a friend of mine and I'll take a sample. I'll update the post.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Is Nano Seal tough for u to buff off? That's what I experienced for the first time I used it... I was wondering if I should do something differently. Hope to see some action of Concours :D

5. maesal

Yes mate, I experienced exactly that 15 min ago. I left the coat to dry for around 2h 30 min, then I tried to remove it with Cobra Indigo towels without QD and it was impossible, I found residues from the product everywhere. So I tried to help the removal process with some CG Synthetic Detailer and it didn't help so much. After that, I tried Meguiars Last Touch and nothing. Then I used some Optimum No Rinse QD and it did the trick, not easy but it removed the Nano Seal.
    I think that if the product protects as good as it's hard to remove it will be a nice sealant.
    Maybe a coat of Surf City Garage Nano Shine Glaze Coat will improve the look, wich is really nice.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

It's a disappointing sealant in the removal aspect... And the price of the product is 2 dollars away from Wolfgang DGPS. I haven't used the Nano Glaze but I asked the Surf City Tech on AG if it can be used alone and he said it can. It's basically carnauba wax with synthetics, so it's not necessarily a "glaze".

7. maesal

Thanks for clarifying mate. I didn't know that also Nano Seal has carnauba.

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

oh no no it's the Nano Glaze that has Carnauba not the Seal :) sorry if I mixed you up

9. maesal

Oh, no problem mate. I'll receive tomorrow Nano Glaze and Speed Demon :headbang:

10. maesal

11. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

12. maesal

And you could remove the Nano Glaze with Speed Demon.