Witch wheel protector?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by GigaFlow, Dec 30, 2007.

1. GigaFlow

GigaFlow Two Bucket System Washer

I have allready baught P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner, but i also want to protect the finish on my rims.

What is the best to use for protect my rims?

PS! I have 19 inch chrome rims on my car.
    Picture of my car can you see here:
    [​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

:sheep: that's a wicked VW :worship: man the colour and the rims :thumb: look incredable very nice.

As for protection I used to use wax, like Zymol Concorse, Victoria Concors but I found that the wax's didn't last so then I started using Jetseal 109 on rims and it looks and protects much better. Now I've started using Duraglos sealant and I'm waiting to see how long that will last but so far so good.

What I'm trying to say is that I used to use wax to protect rims but now I use sealants instead...but that's just my :2cents:

3. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

swissvax autobahn wheel wax-by far the best out there but expensive

4. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

trouble using waxes like zymol etc on wheels is they cant handle the heat so dont last long..where's sv autobahn contains ptfe which can handle high tempertures

5. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

i used opti seal on my wheels easy to apply and the brake dust just wipes off with normal car wash

I apply after every wash

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I used to think this as well until I touched my paint on a hot summer day... my rims NEVER get that hot...

Sealants (105) or a very durable wax (845IW) are what I use...

7. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

zaino cs is suppose to be quite good on wheels

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I've been reading quite a bit on Swissvax Autobahn and it sounds great if you ask me, just one question can it be used on all kinds of rims? I thought it was supposed be used on only metal rims? I could be wrong though, if you could give me any tips that would be great as I am looking at purchasing it.

9. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Start out with some ZAIO and then finish with CS. That is my standard routine, some customers still want Z2pro instead of CS. So that is what they get.

10. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

before applying autobahn use reg cleaner fluid first Nica..yes it can be used on all types of rims..

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet, thanks for the tip buddy, Autobahn here I come :cheers:

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Pretty much any good sealant will work fine. Once they are protected, just use regular soap to clean them. Dont need any special wheel cleaners.

13. GigaFlow

14. GigaFlow

I just want a rim-protector who is easy to apply....

15. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

845 is pretty easy to use and so is jetseal. either is a good choice!

16. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That's one suck Dub!! Some people like to use sealants, of course with a foam applicator dedicated for wheels.