Winter Sealant in the Midwest

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by GoCubsGo, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Autobalm?

2. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Unless I missed something, what is AB? The first 2 letters in the alphabet? I was wondering if C & D would coat & deter the winter blues too? :shead: :giggle:

Or is it ^^^?

3. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

I think I get longer than 2-3 months out of 845 on my daily car. It's garaged and washed weekly in the winter (because I hate salt sitting on the car). I'm happy with the product for sure, but I'd be interested to find a product that lasts even longer - if there is such a thing.

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

I have been using FJM, love it For how easy it is for using. Easy on and easy off. Winter in PA is coming and I want to protect it from snow and salt. How 845 compared to FJM in terms of durability? When I run out of Peres 53 I'll probably get collonite 915(or 945?, don't remember the number)

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Collinite 845. Its good.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

how would you layer FJM and 845? whats first and whats second, how far apart in terms of time

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I would do FJM, wait 24 hrs then apply 845. 845 is a nuba thus a sealant like FMJ will not bond properly to it.

8. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

this winter for the daily drivers im going to do bfwdx2 see if that will survive