Winter LSP: your choice.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by supercharged, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Camaro5Ryan

Camaro5Ryan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So cal here. I usually lay down 1 layer of a sealant (Adam's MSW, or Opti-seal), and 2 layers carnauba (Adam's Americana).

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I am acutally thinking of going Werkstatt on my daily driver this winter...Prime Strong followed by Acrylic Prime. Wonder if that would last through entire California winter...

3. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

I wouldn't apply one Prime on top of the other. The Acrylic Prime will strip off the Prime Strong.

If you're dead set on using both I suppose you could mix the two together & use the mixture.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

California winter... is that one of them oxymorons???

5. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just stripped off Powerlock and applied 2 coats of Aquartz Reload. If it holds up well for the next month I'll reapply 2 coats and top it with Glasur for the first part of the winter.

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

RG Black Label

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yep! Now I will have to make that my winter wax to see how it holds up.

8. supercharged

I will be taking my X5 to Sierra@Tahoe skiing resort, so it will be seing plenty of snow...

9. supercharged

I meant Prime Strong followed by Acrylic Jett...also thinking of topping it off with Dodo Juice Supernatural. I love this wax on white, and it's tight beading action.

10. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

1000P without question - last season release dirt during ONR wash and still beading(THROUGH DIRT)/releasing dirt after 13 months. MPL pale in comparison to 1000P

11. - Z -

- Z - Virgin Detailer

What's MPL?

Many saying 845, but why?

12. supercharged

Menzerna Power Lock. Collinite 845 is a very durable wax...

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Nice!

It makes me sad to think about winter... ack... cold, shitty, dark, no nice cars, no motorcycle... nothing fun!!!!

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

For now I'm going with BFWD topped with Souveran paste on one car and WGDGPS topped with Fuzion on the other car.

15. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Virgin Detailer

Nanolotus (a nano sealant) on the BMW this year, but I kind of regret it because I know that MG#21 2.0 and MG#16 is a great combo for the harsh, Norwegian winter :)

16. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

Just topped a ~4 week old application of Rejex with Danase Paint Sealant (new formula). Stuff's slick! Easiest application I've ever had. Now I just have to see about durability.

17. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Any thoughts on using Ezyme for the winter?

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Stripped everything off my truck last night and put on the first layer of Power Lock!

19. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

If the vehicle is not a daily driver and is garage kept then I say go for it. But if its going to be exposed to the elements a lot, I would say save it for the spring/summer time. Unless your using Ezyme over a sealant, yet I would still wait to use it in the spring / summer.

20. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Yea I was going to use it over UPGP but it is going to be outside almost 24/7 so now I'm not so sure