Will It Live Up To The Hype, CD-2 I Found Some!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Well I see its listed again on the Turtle Wax site..it was gone for awhile..so maybe they brought it back...wonder if it changed any due to VOC regs...

Al

2. wytstang

wytstang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I picked up 2 of them at a near by AZ.

3. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

whoo whoo i scored 3 cans. 1 at autozone and 2 at kragen. kragen even price matched autozone. 4.99 a can. getting a case on weds and a case on friday. to stock up in case.

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm pretty sure that TW won't discontinue this product anymore... considering how much all of us are buying, LoL.

5. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Ive always wanted to try the cd2, but I cant find it locally anymore. I used to see it on the shelves when I was younger picking up things at the auto parts store with my dad.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I can buy it at a store about 5 blocks from my house.

After I use up the cans I have left, I will no longer be using it. Need something else for engines.

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

This is the first I've heard of this. I would really like to give this a try. It sounds great.:thumb:

8. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I honestly don't think its worth all the hype. I have 2 cans at home and I barely use it. I'll probably throw it on as tire shine or something later on =/

9. slanguage

I have used it on wheel wells and engines. The cost vs how much I used just didn't seem all that great.

I'm thinking about just switching to Meg's HD.

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

After some thought, I believe I'll be switching to Meg's HD as well. It's more cost effective for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's decent stuff but Meg's does just as good of a job as CD-2.

11. rtrt2889

rtrt2889 Birth of a Detailer

I just bought 3 more CD2 today for $5.99/can at the local AZ.

I would have bought more, but I'm low on cash. :hopmad:

12. I got two cans through a trade!

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Both of the Auto Zone stores closest to me have had it in stock the last few times I've looked.

I've found something I don't like about this stuff though. If it's a car you intend to work on mechanically, it's pretty slippery, even once it's "cured." In this regard, I like Adam's In and Out Spray a lot better. Meguiar's Trim Detailer is a nice "workalike" for In and Out.

CD2 does look nice though, no doubt about that.

Just my 0.02.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've found that Meg's HD can do a comparable job to CD-2 so I'll probably be sticking with HD from here on out since it's more cost effective. :)

15. slanguage

Just finished up the last of my CD2. Now to get some Meg's HD!!

16. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I finally had a chance to try CD-2 this week end. I really liked it alot and was impressed by the results. mine was 5.99 @ AZ

17. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i just got 4 cans at an autozone i passed by in the city.. they had probably 10 cans.. just did the 540 last night.. it actually says to let the car run to burn off the excess so it dries after 20 mins..i just left it and put the hood up all night and still haven't checked..we'll see..p21s taw did an awesome job getting the grime off!!! esp on a 13 year old car!!! oh and 4 cans ran me like 26usd..our 10+% highest in the nation sales tax doesn't help!!!

18. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

I bought some today at a local autozone and applied it to my supra, my dads Tacoma, and my moms Sienna, great stuff!

19. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i used it let it sit overnight with the hood up and i got streaks!!1

i thought this was the end all product? maybe i used too much? i thought you were supposed to not wipe it off? i have some drip streaks.. oh and black wow was streaking on the older rubber trim.

am i supposed to not use BW on rubber trim? is it supposed to be used on plastic only? will washing it take it off? looks great on my 335 but the 13 year old 540 definitely has some residue and i used a foam swab..well several actually.. and i was trying to use as small amount as possible.. i don't get it

20. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

This is why it streaked on you.