Will It Live Up To The Hype, CD-2 I Found Some!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jan 15, 2008.

1. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

cleaned out a local Autozone right near me, he had six cans of it! Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can test/compare against OPT Protectant, my old standby for engine dressings.

Pete

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Sweet!!

yeah I was hoping for the same thing...

With the wind chill we are sitting at -14 f.. YES 14 below ZERO f.!!
    :crasy:

3. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Found 2 cans at a local AZ... :)

Add them to the stockpile...

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Score - direct hit - he he he

5. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Wish i could still get this down here, last time i could get CD-2 was 2 yrs ago. Nobody has it in my area.

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Heres my stash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Did you just go or have you had those??

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Ive had it, but Ive been using F2B lately since its cheaper.

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Gotcha.. so do you save the cd for your personal rides or special customers?

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

regular customers! My details aren't cheap so I use everything I would on my personal stuff.

11. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's the same thing.

I 've been using DG#265 for engines.

Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray #265 is a blend of synthetic silicones in a convenient aerosol spray. It gives a wet look appearance with one easy application. Ultimate Detail Spray works great on tires (black or whitewall), bumpers, moldings, door jams, and AC vents. DS #265 is also a great lubricant that eliminates squeaks, loosens rusted bolts and keeps all rubber parts flexible. DS #265 also restores the new look to engine compartments (hoses, wires, etc.)

Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray is an instant detailer for exterior trim and moldings. It instantly adds gloss to the most weather-beaten areas of your vehicle with a high gloss synthetic silicone formula. These synthetic silicones bond to the surface of the rubber for a long-lasting, wet-look shine.

Packaged in a convenient aerosol can, Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray is designed for busy detailers to put a finishing touch on a just-detailed vehicle. Just spray and walk away. The spray requires no buffing or wiping to get a perfect shine on exterior rubber tires and trim.

Regular use of Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray keeps rubber flexible. Prevent door jambs from drying out and maintain the flexibility of rubber hoses underneath the hood - Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray does it all.

Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray doubles as a lubricant so you can finally eliminate that squeaky car door!

Use Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray #265 for the perfect finishing touch on exterior rubber tires, moldings, bumpers, and trim.
    Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray (DS) #265
    Duragloss Duragloss DS (Ultimate Detail Spray, Aerosol)

12. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great info Sparkie. I am going to have to pick up a can and test it side by side with CD2. If it works good it looks like it might be a great replacement for CD2 since its getting harder to find.

13. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

I'm pretty sure the Black Magic stuff isn't the same. CD-2 is made by turtle wax, but I just think it wasn't selling or some other thing caused it to be taken off shelves. So they started stocking Black Magic instead. CD-2 is made in Chicago, I'm going to stop by the factory or give them a call when it gets warmer, and see if I can get a hold of some boxes, and possibly a group buy, but don't look forward to it until around March-April.

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I've used the DG UDS and it remided me of stoners more shine

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I think that place autodetailingsolutions carries it. IF its not the site call them to see if they have it.

16. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

That would be great if we can do a group buy.....Keep us updated.........

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

My guy at the Autozone said he would get me as many as I needed... dont know if he knows how many I "need" but I can look into this is desired.. he said I must pay upfront

18. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

The Black Magic product is not the same. I never tried the product, but have read that the results were not great. I have personally used CD2 on my own vehicle, and have found no equal. If the shine is to overwhelming, i will pat down the area to the look i'm after. The great thing is also is it's longevity and it does'nt attract dust or airborne particles. When i read the other product with silicone base to it, i wondered if it would attract dust or dirt? Just a thought, not implying anything. Hopefully we can do a group buy in the future.

19. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

That would be great, too. The guy at my autozone said they stopped stocking it. They still have some CD-2 Stuff like the Oil Detergent and stuff. You can go Autozone.com and look up their inventory online, and You can type in CD-2, they'll have some products just not the engine detailer. He said he wouldn't be able to get any. He wasn't able to check if other stores had it either. It was completely off the computers. Everything was under Black Magic. I tried around 3-5 Different Autozones. I'm like a mile away from each.

I have a couple cans, I was just trying to find a better source. At autozone I was paying 4.99 a can. I don't know if I would pay for $10.00 a can then pay shipping, if I can get it directly from the source.

20. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Ok, i got lucky@ the local Autozone. I'll p/u 6 cans tomorrow and more if he can get them. Price was $4.99 a can. Some people may not like the gloss, but you just have to pat down to the look you want.