Wide angle lenses need to go outside.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by SpecC, May 9, 2009.

  1. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Well I'm currently looking at the 5D MkII, very robust camera and incredible features, I can't say I've mastered the Rebel 100% but I would say I'm about 90% there and I'm finding I'm very limited with what I can do with the Rebel...I still need to work on my technique quite a bit, I'm still not getting the shots I'm after and I still haven't purchased a flash. I already know the flash I want, it will be the Canon 580. Oh photography has exploded for me, what I mean is that this past weekend I was shooting my first weeding...well not just by my self, a good friend of ours got married this weekend and they first asked me if I would photograph there wedding, I told them I would love to but I strongly encouraged them to get a professional photographer as I'm just getting my feet wet with photography. Any who long story short, I was shooting side by side with two professional photographers and I learned lots from them. They were both using 5D MkII bodies as well and there lens selection blew me a way, it was good to see because they both told me that shooting wedding takes quite a bit of lenses, memory cards and non stop shooting. They also showed me how a light meter works oh and best part flash, I was able to see the difference a flash makes...specially outdoors....oh not to mention those circle reflectors...very neat.

    Any who to say I'm hooked on photography is an understatement and the photography courses are fulling the thirst to improve, the more I learn the more I want to keep improving. I have a long way to go still but every day I'm reading something about photography.

    I'll post some pictures that I took from the wedding, wish I could say they all turned out great...but out of the 100's I took maybe a hand full of them turned out okay...I'm also slowly learning the proper steps of processing RAW images, slowly but surely it's all coming together.

    I've got my little brothers high school graduation that I'll be shooting as well, another wedding and what ever I can get my hands on I'll be shooting. For now I'm not interested on the money, I'm more interested on the experience.
     
  2. P1et

    P1et Official DB Moderator

    Sounds like a plan Nica! I've heard some prices on what a good wedding photographer makes, and it's a lot more than a detail! And you don't get dirty, hahahaha!
     
  3. Denzil

    Denzil Guest

    Awesome Carlos! If I may suggest, I think it would be more worthwhile to purchase glass before going out and purchasing another body. Plus most all lenses with the XSi can be also used with many other Canon bodies. :thumb:
     
  4. Nica

    Nica Banned

    You kidding me, I was exhausted after shooting...aham..correction, trying to shoot that wedding....I wouldn't say I was shooting the wedding, more like attempting to get 'okay' pictures...you'll see what I mean when I post the pictures...took so many but so little of them turned out okay. But really I didn't realize how difficult setting up, organizing, making kids laugh..ect..ect..it's hard work but fun work, just as much fun as detailing if you ask me :cheerl:

    Oh I've got a nice collection of lenses going now ;) But I still have a long way to go, if I keep at the pace I'm going maybe by next year I'll have the new body and a few more lenses and much much more equipment. It's fun having a bunch of lenses :thumb:
     

Share This Page