Why don't more people get their vehicle detailed?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by TS, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

tell her that when she goes to trade it in, it will get her better trade in value, couse if car is taken care of on outside it must be taken care of on inside

2. rehost@msn.com

rehost@msn.com Virgin Detailer

I believe people are not educated enough on the process REQUIRED to clean a car. Most people think if it looks good it's clean. Yes, but not protected. My truck takes me 4 hours everytime I wash it, and 10 mins when someone else hand washes it.

I believe the price shops charge to do it properly is WELL worth it. Just the products cost a fortune, not to mention the tools.

Hats off to all you pro detailers out there.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I agree with you ... but I also don't blame the average person not wanting to spend 300-500 on a detail every year or two to keep it looking nice. That's why the hackers are still around ... pay a 100 bucks for a detail that makes the car look ok for a few months even though in the long run it costs more and it causes more damage.

It's like a few years ago ... I could drop my older car at any shop to get it fixed usually the same day. Now ... I have to call several mechanics and most of them are booked weeks in advance. I have learned to fix so many things in the past few years ... lol