Why Brush the Snow off!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by luke093, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

If he doesn't care about the finish right now then why get all worked up about it?

2. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Because I drive it just way too often!

3. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

And this advise comes from a guy who lives in Florida :doh:

Actually the advise is excellent and i technique i use too...

4. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Parking in a garage seems to do the trick for me:p:

5. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

i look at it this way...if the car is too precious to brush off, it shouldn't be out in the snow...

if its a daily driver, some swirls from the broom ain't going to kill you. They'll come out when you polish. And if you're not into correcting it 100%, then use some glaze and seal it up. Done.

Here in NJ, its the law to clear the snow off. if you don't clear the snow off the hood, it could fly up onto the windshield and block your vision temporarily. or fly over the car and hit the car behind you. snow if left alone can turn into ice.

remember its only paint...

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

I take it you don't own a car?

7. snowking724

snowking724 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Glad to see some who agree with me. Safety over Swirls! Garage queens with perfect paint should stay there this time of year. We all take great pride in our cars but if it's to be driven everyday, the occasional swirl or even worse a scratch will happen. Unless doing a paid job where you don't know the history of what's been done, I don't think a DD needs to see 105 three times.

8. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i sense that we're not gonna snow anymore at Vancouver so thank god the brush doesnt need to come out lol

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

same in Ontario

10. luke093

Exactly! I just can't justify spending that much money $300/month on insurance...

But yeah, I guess you guys are right, I'm just sick of this car and the brush we have was 1. Old, 2. Dirty so I guess I shouldn't stress myself too much about it being perfect.

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

true but we got 20 inchs the other day . 3 inches it would work though good idea.

12. snowking724

snowking724 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How much does your pop's spend to put you on his?:fs:
    How much do you spend on detailing supplies?

13. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I brush the snow off, gently though. And not if the car is extreme dirty!
    After all, I detail the car when spring arrives so it's no big deal..

In Norway where I live, you'll lose your license if driving without removing snow from the roof.

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

If I think I will be driving after the snow, I put a plastic top over the cab/hood of the truck. I then can move off the snow and then remove the tarp carefully.

15. luke093

Chill a minute :p Its $50 a month right now. I mean, I'm almost 18... Theres only so much I can afford. I don't spend too much on supplies, and mainly its just what I have from promoting online goods, or selling something online.

The car is in the garage, but how about if there is heavy snow when its parked outside during the day, I guess the snow mover would be ideal.

16. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

Have you ever been behind an idiot with snow all over his vehicle ...you can't see, jackass! Sure you can see but no one behind you can!

17. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Who cares.....Ill pay the fine. LOL.

But my car lives in the garage.

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Leave it on.... gun it down my street, around the block once or twice then drive to wherever I need to go.

Prol'lem solved!

19. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

I'm at school right now in Starkville, MS and we got a good little bit of snow. It was all over my baby and I didn't have anyting to brush it off with. Then I remembered I had my wash buckets with grit guards in them. I use the grit guards but was VERY careful brushing the snow off so I wouldn't scratch the paint. All the snow came off with a breeze. Powerlock and Insignis on the paint then 2 layers of Klasse AIO on the windows made it a breeze

20. luke093

I figure you can hit 100 with that audi of yours :p crv umm not so much. ahaha

Keep up the random stupidity! BTW your neighbors must love you :p