Why 303 on engine?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Chaseme, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I've noticed a ton of people use 303 Protectant on engines - but I don't understand as the product is said to prevent UV damage (sun damage).

Am I missing something?

Do hot engines give off UV rays? Or is 303 just a great All-in-one protection product?

On a side note how does it compare to CarPro Perl?

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

The reason people use 303 Aerospace on engines is simply because they want to dress the engine, the UV protection is a bonus but unless you have a transparent engine cover then you should not be concerned with that property. CarPro Perl is a more deeper dressing, but is dilutable to suit your choice. 303 is a good product IMO because you can use it on interior and exterior surfaces without worry. If you are thinking of getting it, don't waste your money on getting the small sizes, get the 128oz container.

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I agree. Get the gallon.

I got the 32oz bottle, but I think i will need more pretty soon.

You are not supposed to dilute the 303 protectant right? I've been using it straight out of the bottle.

4. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

No I believe your suppose to use it straight, but I love the look

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

megs hyper dressing gets the same results IMO, i tried 303......... was not that impressed.

6. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Great looks + easy to use= use it everywhere lol I really want to try Adams In and Out though, I've seen that used a lot as well.

7. aowheels

aowheels DB Pro Supporter

+1 Get the gallon!!!

No, dont dilute the product but do shake it well.

I fill 2 bottles... (1) in a 4 ounce size that i use for motors to prevent overspray and (1) in a 16 ounce for interiors and such.

8. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

303 is a good general product that can be used on most things. Trim, wheel wells, tire warmth, engine bay dressing, and rubber seals are a few things I have it on. A little definitely goes a long way for this product. I find with trim, I like using a foam brush to avoid over spray and to spread the product evenly.

9. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for all the replies. It's on my list for my next order. Haven't ordered anything in awhile LOL.

10. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

303 can have some offensive odors when used inside. Sometimes it smells like sweaty gym clothes that have been sitting in a locker too long (at least that's what it makes me think of). Some people can't smell it. I can. My wife can too. I had one customer complain about it by luckily it subsides after 2-3 days