Who uses Scholl Concepts Polishes

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Danny, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have been speaking to Refectology from DW about S17+ in particular and it seems like a great polish, he even sent me his guide for using the Scholl Polishes. I read it all right now and its really seems like Scholl makes some amazing polishes and compounds. I knew what they could do and have seen the results pros have achieved with them before I posted this, but I never knew that results could be achieved so quickly with them. I became interested in them more recently because I am basically looking for a polish I can use as a one step for maintaing my black vehicles (both have hard clears) that can cut as good as 203s but finish down as nice as 85RD. I know 106FA is an option and I might go with it as well, but I think I might give S17+ a try.

My question to those that use the product line is do you use the Scholl specific pads like the Spider pads, foam pads and waffle finishing pads when using one of their compound or polishes or do you use your existing pads i.e. Ubers, Hydrotechs, LC flats, 3M's, etc. I know the Scholl Orange foam pad and Waffle black foam pad are suggested to use with S17+ but the price per pad is pretty steep. So I am wondering is it truly necessary to use the Scholl specific pads with their polish to achieve a flawless finish with S17+ . If it is then of course I will purchase them but if not them I might just pick up one or two of each. Also does anyone use the Abrafix 125mm M14 Backing Plate, if so how do you like it?

2. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I would use Über pads(black,blue, green or white) with S30 or S17 depends on the hardness of paint. I, myself, are mostly using PO203S with Menzernas white finishing pads for one steps.
    Honestly, I don´t see much of a difference if I use PO106FA after this step, but hey it´s just me.

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I would try S17+ with green or blue uber. After how many swirls you have in your paint.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Cu2mike has a boner over scholl's......... loves them from what he constantly tells me

5. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Do you have S30 and S17+?

Thank you I appreciate your post:) What pads do you tend to use with S17+?

LOL, let see if he chimes in soon:)

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have Scholl S40 and it's quite nice. A definite alternative for 85RD and Cleaner Fluid Pro.

7. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

8. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Let's see.... I have S3 gold, S17+, S40, and A15. When used with Scholl's own white spider pads, they are AMAZING (Well they are great on their own, but scholl polish/pads combo is out of this world).
    I like A15 with white spider pads the most, has enough cut for most cars I do, zero, absolutely no dusting, and it works fast (As in terms of passes, I usually work Menz between 6 to 8 passes, I work Scholl between 3 to 4)
    [​IMG]

9. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

What about Wolf's polishes?

Can somene compare Wolf's to Menzerna and Scholl's?

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The school polishes are great although very similar to Menz. S40 is like 85rd. S30 is like 106fa. S17 is like powerfinish and S03+ is like FG500. I find they leave a bit deeper finish while Menz leaves a brighter finish. if you like Power Finish, try S17 as Power Finish is being discontinued as we know it. They are reducing the cut in it. Both are very nice to use and offer good working times. I have used the Scholl polishes with B&S pads with great success. The Scholl polishes like firmer pads so I typically don't go softer than green or white.

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thank you I am also considering it:)

You know what I am going to try that man thanks:) I have only ever used Powerfinish with a Uber green or a Hydrotech Tangerine. I might give it a go with a Blue or Black Uber and see what I get. I am also going to take a look at your thread.

Which pads do you tend to use more with S17+? Also after speaking to Reflectology from DW and reading his Scholl guide I am really liking the fact that he also stated the results are given in fewer passes. Also about how much was it to get it shipped to US and who did you speak to from Scholls when you placed the order or did you order it else where?

I too would like to about this

Ken thanks man I appreciate you posting this. I actually didnt even know that Powerfinish was going to be discontinued i think that is so awkward since so many detailer use it as a one step. What pads do you tend to use when your using S17+ Ken?

12. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Ken, as always.

13. cu2mike

I use white spider for most everything I do, but if a defect is deeper I use orange spider. If that still doesn't work as good as I like, I use wool with the new Menz S500 compound. I bought everything in that picture from Meguiar's, Autoglym, Collinite, Insta Finish, Poorboy's, Dodo Juice, ValetPro, Einszett, Chemical Guys, Eurow, Lake, Kestrel, RainX - the best car care - Shinearama Shipping is a flat 20GBP for orders over 50GBP, order arrived in just 3 days for me.
    Wolf's polishes I would very little experience with, after trying out Scholl, I'd say Scholl is better due to shorter working time for the same results. It has cut down my working time by a good amount.

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Do you live here in the US? I actually looked at the site and they dont have S17+ in stock or the Orange or Waffle black Pads in 5" sizes:(

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

They are reducing the cut in Powerfinish so it sits in the middle of 106 and SIP. Treat S17 as you would PowerFinish. I have used it with compounding pads all the way down to finishing pads but the Scholl polishes are designed to be used with firmer pads.

16. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Always have to mess with things that work. I wish Scholls was easier to get here in the States but I am thinking of trying some of Wolf Chemicals polishes

17. cu2mike

Yes, I live in So Cal. As far as I'm aware of, shinearama is the only place that has flat rate shipping charge on international orders. I tried autobrite UK (they carry Scholl as well), and shipping price was pretty high.
    You'd be better off if you emailed shinearama directly and see when they'll have it in stock. As far as the pads go, forum member kaisernaut is the one that orders for me, but I'm sure shinearama can order them for you as well.

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks do you know if there is there email really this foxx (at) shinearama.co.uk .... Because thats whats on there site or is it foxx@shinearama.co.uk

19. cu2mike

If I'd have to guess, I would say that's it.
    I looked up their FB page, seems that the owner of shinearama's name is Mike Foxx Wolf, that would coincide with foxx@shinearama.co.uk

20. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Scholl s17 is a great polish and is quite flexible. The s30 is a good one as well. S17 takes well to b&s pads as well as hydro-techs. Try them out and let us know what you think.