Who does the best "no limits" detail?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

911Fanatic, I can't pick a winner either. This statement makes you a class act in my book. Even more than before...:worship2:

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

What about our very own Carlos (Nica)

I would have to say VXRMarc, PD, and Clark. I always look forward to their write ups.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

There are a ton of detailers that are of Todd and Clark's magnitude. Some just don't care to share their work.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Another one to consider, Matt from OffYourMarks in the UK as well. He does superb work!

Well I can see this thread is going nowhere and I wasnt expecting it to. Just wanted to see how you felt about 2 top detailers whos work we are all well familiar with.

5. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Nica, I hope this is ok. If not, I'm sorry.

Todd and I were discussing this and this is what he said:

"This is a very interesting thread that speaks volumes about perception. Unfortunately I was banned from this forum.

While I have some bias, I think that the work done on my Gallardo was 'more' than the work done on the Polished Bliss Gallardo. This isn't to say that one was better or worse, but from refinishing the exhaust pipes, removing the wheels, and several coats of sealant and wax on all painted surfaces (including under the hood, trunk, jambs, hinges, carbon fiber, etc) it was a more in-depth detail. However that doesn't make it a 'BETTER' detail by any stretch of the imagination. Anybody who chooses myself or Clark is showing some level of bias, period. The work done on both cars was great, mine was slightly more in-depth. Part of the fun of these types of details is the process itself (maybe more so then the results). If I didn't put down DWG, then wax (2 coats of each) would there of been much a difference in the end results. Maybe, but not much. If I didn't polish each bolt of each rim, would the difference have been dramatic? Probably not much, and so on and so on. I was honestly flattered when Clark used the Ultra Ne Plus tag and defined it like a dictionary, identical to the way I had done with La Bella Firma several months previous. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. In the same regard, I used a Gallardo (on purpose) and did a super in depth detail in similar fashion. I look up to Clark (and MANY others). At the end of the day (as Denzil said) there are many detailers who do great work and it is very cool to get some level of recognition. To be mentioned along side Polished Bliss and others is truly humbling because of their amazing drive and dedication to perfection. If the question of this thread was "who does better write-ups" well then I would say Polished Bliss. Not only is their grammar impeccable (and true English is a much nicer language to read) but their photography is tops as well. Each of their threads is an absolute treat and IMO they set the standard in that regard. Thanks for the consideration."

6. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Both are great detailers, but the edge goes to Todd. I have work with him on a few jobs and the effort and passion he put's in his work is number one in my book. I been doing detailing for over 35 yrs and had met so many old timers from around the country and the world that blew my sock's off. All these yrs and I'm still learning tricks from Todd and other folks in our world of detailing. I don't think there is a best detailer around. just some who are above many of us, just my 2 cents................Angelo

Happy Holidays To All menbers of DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I really enjoy reading Clark's write ups but I think both do impecable work. As far as the one being more in depth than the other I think its a difficult one to call, whilst Todd removed the wheels, etc Clark removed various trim, etc...6 of the one 1/2 a dozen of the other. As Ken I think said, it's just fantastic to have posts from all these guys to learn from. It is almost guarenteed that you will find some new tidbit in their posts or pictures somewhere that you had either previously missed or overlooked.

What about these guys as well, Elite Detailing and Protection Ltd - Home :: Elite Detailing & Protection Ltd they seem to do some awesome work as well but I haven't yet seen them post anything anywhere ?

All around I am thankfull for all the who share their work and experiences with us ;)

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have never seen G post any of his work anywhere, you have to go to his site. Well worth a look for anyone interested. He does very nice work and is at the same level as Todd, Clark and Mr Dalton.

9. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

Gurchurn (elite detailing) does post up some work but not on any detailing forums. His work can be found on several UK car forums such as 911uk and a few others

10. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Yea Ken, haven't seen anything posted by him. Looking through his gallery on his site though it is clear to see he has worked on some amazing machines and done some terrific work ;)

Thanks Jay, do you by any chance have any links to some of his posts ? I for one would love to read abit about his work ;)

11. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

I Love Paul's work and his attention to detail is second to none.

but that doesn't mean someone can't replicate something with 99% the same results..just 99% don't!!!

and 99% of detail customers don't want the 60 some stage treatment.. if you say paul is all or even mostly out there because of his marketing would be an extreme understatement..he has a passion second to NONE for detailing. he loves his work and who he works for..his clent base is every star under the european continent even hopping over to kuwait. ok marketing had something to do with it..hell otherwise the guy in kuwait wouldn't know him.. but his work is what he markets.. and his techniques have been proven to last and give unequaled shine and depth. from under the car to the hood he covers every nook and cranny if you spring for it. i think that is more than worth it when you own an enzo but not a honda pilot. so for everyone paul is not the answer but in extreme concours style detailing he is the man..but there are others many others who can replicate this.. i just don't know many with paul's passion or expertise in every area of a detail. but no doubt you put a rotary in the hands of a noob in a month or less he can jewel the hell out of a car..but what about all the other area's a rotary isn't used or in severe paint correction with chips and so on.. some detailers can mask a few in so well you wouldn't have a clue where the chip is..some tell guys you have to respray.. i think in the end there is a level we all aspire to get to whether it is a hobby or a job or personal cars or rod stewarts..you have to have that special niche.. you have to be a lil ocd.. you have to LOVE what you do..so if it is your job it is your hobby as well. and for guys like us on here we are all to a certain level.. and though i can jewel the hell out of a car and make my friends drool and cars next to me ask where i got my car detailed.. or ask "why does your car have so much gloss" i know i haven't learned everything in a lil less than a year. but i do know detailing isn't as hard as some people make it out to be.. but people who have that passsion there results speak for themselves..and there attention to detail shows in every aspect of the car not just the paint. and paul and a few others on here and other sites really have their sights set on supreme perfection with these exotics and if your working on a lambo or a bugatti or a ferrari why wouldn't you.

12. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Said proof please?

13. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Find anything yet?

14. 911Fanatic

15. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

Thats why I'm here! learn learn learn! haha It's really great to have this kind fo resource avvailable when somebody like me has no real experience on stuff like a makita or any of that, it was thanks to the folks on the forum that i built up the courage to even pick the thing up, let alone put it to work! I love pauls work, he's my hero, i'd love to get paid great money to do something i love, but for now I'm perfectly happy at my job at toyota! even though I'm not doing an enzo a day or using swissvax crystal rock with my bare hands, I AM helping to make cars look as good as i can and keep them looking that way, if i can inspire one person that buys a new car to keep their new car clean and wll taken care of by making it look great when they buy it then i am happy with that!

16. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Todds work is great clarks work is great, They are equal in my eyes. If I had to pick which detail of those 2 I liked more it would be clarks, but only because its a white car. IMO Todd/ Clark are the 2 best detailers ive ever heard of. PD imo is more marketing than anything. Yes his works good, but not on todd or clark level. Just my opinion.

17. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

between two. both are nuts for having that much patience to spend that much time on one car

18. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

How anyone of you can say that PD is not as good as Todd??? Are you kidding me? Just go back to Todd's first C&B on Autopia. It will be from 2005 and using a pc. PD has what 17 years under his belt?

Of the people who post on forums in the US, Ryan (rydawg) is way better than all of us. Between Clark and Todd? Clark. Hands down.

Now give 2 dozen other guys the time that Todd is able to use and you will find 24 more guys who WILL turn out the same type of work.

Just some thoughts for you.

19. 911Fanatic

I think the problem is that, as you said, Paul had been doing this for a very long time and as such, for the most part, works exclusively on very high end cars. The Lambo that Todd did the amazing job on had seen track time. A lot of Paul's cars, I'm sure, rarely get driven on the road. Also, even though Paul may get the odd car that needs a great deal of work, he usually posts cars that will thrill us because of what they are and not because of the amount of work that went into them. Both detailers are only trying to show us what they think we want to see. There is no doubt in my mind that if given the orange Lambo that Todd did and a week, either Clark or Paul could have turned out the same results.

20. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Got the link for his first C&B, would love to see it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.