White Pearl AMAZING PRICE!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Jan 11, 2010.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I have yoko's on my car, sport tires to be precise.

I always use ARO on the tires and scrub the heck out of it before applying any dressing.

I'll try applying two coats with a wait in between

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

My gallon of White Pearl arrived in the mail today.

Obviously I'm going to be putting some in a smaller bottle for easier application. Can I put a sprayer on top, or does it need a flip-top bottle cap type thingy. I'd rather use a sprayer.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Its thin so a nice sprayer will work great!

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have a gallon as well, and put it a Viton spraybottle:

[​IMG]

Really like the look...

[​IMG]

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont really even need a chem resistant sprayer as the one I use is the one that came from TC as I got 16oz bottle first time around. It is one of those fine mist sprayers that Dodo Juice uses on the Red Mist and Swissvax now uses. The one TC used was not chem/solvent resistant like DoDo Juice one kind of is.

6. Emile

P1et, I bought the gallon because of your review/durability test (looked good in the pictures), and because everybody else said it was so good. I have a small sample Tropi-Care sent me on one of my orders from several months ago and I haven't even tried it yet. I plan on using it this week-end on my father's vehicle.

I would use it on my own car but I've been playing around with the Gloss It Signature Tire Gloss for the past couple of weeks.

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

First experience with the Tropi-Care tire dressing, after a rainy day. It's still on there. Very Cool! It was a rainy/wet day yesterday, so it was a good test. In the same conditions, my Opti-Bond would have washed off.

8. Emile

I was able to strip all of the Gloss It Tire Shine over the week-end.

So this evening I applied two coats of White Pearl. Sprayed onto a tire shine applicator pad and spread over the tires, let it sit until dry and then buffed it down with a fresh applicator pad. Waited 2 hours and re-did the same application technique for the second coat.

I am surprised at how good this stuff looks. My tires came out a bit more glossy than pektel's pictures but I think that has to do with the fact that I did two coats and I always use too much product.

I can't wait to see the durability.

9. Emile

Lol, wow it all washed off in one day. I drove 8 miles to work in some fairly hard rain and then drove home 12 miles (had to return a video) and the streets were wet and dirty. I knew it was going to hurt the initial shine but I mean it's almost completely gone.

Maybe next time I shouldn't wipe it down after it dries.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

wow, i have never had that happen and i have driven it though lots of hard rain day after day and still looked great.

I clean the tire really well, apply one coat with foam applicator, then few hrs later apply another coat...i dont go back and buff off....

Make sure the gloss-it stuff is really gone it may stick really well...I know you have plenty of wheel cleaners haha.

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

I had that one my other ride.... I thoroughly washed the tire. I ended up applying a few coats, letting each coat "cure", and this helped a lot.

On a side note, I applied the dressing to 2 of my tires that had been coated with Opti-Bond, and lived through a single rain storm, the single application of Tropi-Care lasted and was sufficient.

Mixing 1 part Opti-Bond to 1 part Tropi-Care... HHMmmm..... a little water inthe mix

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Remember though chappies, that not all tires are made equal. Tropi-Care doesn't look nearly as good on the Goodyear RT/S tires on our Explorer than they do on my nice Michelins on my truck.

But that goes for any tire dressing.

13. Emile

Yeah, I'm not disappointed or angry. I always give any new product several tries before I form an opinion (in my previous post I didn't draw any conclusions, just stated what happened).

I'll try again next week after thorough cleaning of my tires. I always clean my tires well especially when switching from one tire shine to another. Something must have been wrong with my application. I will not buff it down next week and see how it holds up.