Which Wheel Cleaner Would You Choose?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Marc08EX, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

AG CWC is where it is at....

2. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I wish Phil would carry the AG CWC in bulk.

3. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

how about CG diablo ???

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

autowerks has it....... bulk with 8.00 shipping. I plan on getting some through him.:thumb:

5. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

im sticking with p21s

ive been using it for years on anodized, polished wheels, on super hot wheels, letting it dry in the sun while cleaning the barrels, and never had it cause any problems - i dilute it 1:1 as i only use it as a pre-soak on my own car/s while cleaning the barrells/calipers/disc hubs, then rinse and wash the wheel with regular car shampoo

sonax is otc here, and when the first hype started i gave it a try but the smell was way too overpowering for me and i got a minor headache from it

6. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

But how would you rate Sonax's cleaning ability compared to P21S?

7. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i cant really comment on cleaning ability as my wheels never really get brake dusted enough....not even really dirty enough to warrant a wheel cleaner to be honest, but like i said i use it as a pre-soak to break down whatever brake dust is on the wheel to minimise any swirls/marring when i wash the wheel with my mitt (same principal as using a foam gun before a wash)

if i ever have a car with regular silver painted wheels i most likely wouldnt bother with using a wheel cleaner and just go straight to mitt washing with regular shampoo (atm im using DG901)

when i used the sonax, i applied it like i see in Phil's detail pictures to see the colour change, and it took a big hit out of the bottle using that much product per wheel

8. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I've got both Sonax and the P21S, and they've been tested by me on several cars I've detailed.

For me, it's the P21S who does the job best! (And I use it undilluted)

When I'm out of P21S, I go and get my bottle of Bilberry...then I order more P21S :)

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Mmmmmm.....Bilberry. Yum.

10. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

+1

Any chance you're going to start carrying this? I'm running low :(

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

No, but I can get it. Maybe a group buy.

12. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

+1
    Count me inn bro!!

13. Kilo6_one

i got some CG citrus wheel cleaner in today, and tried it out on one of my cars. i was relatively impressed with the results. The wheels were not very soiled, maybe a 3 weeks of road grime and brake dust. sprayed it on full strength and let it dwell for a few minutes. Not as dramatic as Sonax, but with slight agitation from my wheel brush it had really broken the grime down. So for a lightly soiled wheel I think this is going into my inventory. Sonax was on the wheel on the other side of the car, it seemed to do more work on the barrel of the wheel then the face. But I still think its a decent product on really soiled wheels. Smells like crap though. LOL. Ill be ordering some CWC as well.....I like to have a few different things in my arsenal.

Now If anyone has used CG wheel cleaner, how are the results diluted? Not sure if I want to use this on full strength on my Powdercoated wheels.

14. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

+2

I'd be down. :thumb: Can you get your hands on some Espuma Revolution?

15. MAXSE2kMT

MAXSE2kMT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

sticky gel or diablo gel? I just got both in this week and plan to test this weekend, but i assume you're talking about sticky gel since it's concentrated and diablo is safe for your wheels.

16. Kilo6_one

Yes, stickey.......

What is safer diablo or sticky?

17. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

Someone said that Scholl's new wheel cleaner Rim7, has better effect than the first Rim7. Anyone tried it out yet?

18. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

ken how about a GB on 5L CWC? lols

19. Kilo6_one

however, 48.00 shipped for 5l right now is not really that bad of a deal.......