Which wax?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by SSTG, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

2. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

3. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Give Zaino Z2p a try. It has a crisp crystal clear look that makes your metallic POP and 10 times the durability of Pinnacle.

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Is there such a wax? That would leave the paint looking wet?

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Have you tried Menz FMJ? It fairly inexpensive and dead easy to put on/take off. Wipe down with Menz High Gloss Acrylic Shield and you won't believe the results. Werkstat Acrylic Prime followed by Acrylic Jett Trigger is another good combo. Just out of curiosity, are you claying the car and using a paintwork cleanser before your LSP?

6. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Yes. I'm a professional detailer.
    I don't think it's operator era.LOL:thumb:

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Holy crap!!! So, if I ever need any Meg's stuff can I just come over?

8. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Sure.
    I love megs.I just want too see if there's something i'm missing out there.

9. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

Nice collection. Do you have a saltwater setup? I saw some 5 gallon buckets of Coralife salt, I used to be pretty involved in that hobby; had a 150G reef tank (predominately SPS) and a 40G with a Carribean octopus.

10. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Not any more.I had a 175gal bowfront reef tank.SPS,LPS,Softies.I was in the hobby for about 16yrs.I've just gotten to busy with everything else.I really don't miss it.It's nice to not worry about it.I know you know what I mean.LOL.

11. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

If you have tried those waxes and are not happy, I would not continue to buy additional waxes, no matter how much they cost. You need to look in another direction. To me the color of your car begs for a synthetic type product As others have stated, Z2 Pro, Werkstatts Prime and Acrylic Jett trigger. Fk1000P topped with Acrylic Jett trigger would be my choice.

12. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

13. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

NXT 2.0 is synthetic. I'll google the stuff you mentioned tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone for your help.More suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Whats everyone's opinion on supernatural?

14. DG 501

DG 501 Jedi Nuba

togwt is spot on!!! :lol2:

Wet obsession was great!

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hmmm, did anyone mention Duragloss 105? Where in StL r u? Some of us have gotten together for a meet before...washed, polished and waxed a goat. The Pewter is a tough color.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm..is there anything better lol..boy that sounds familiar :thumb:

I would have to say Victoria is a great wax and not too expensive either. Then there is Zymol Glasur, Concourse...hmm..Swissvax Best of Show is good too...but really the sky is the limit...a bit out of your price range but Swissvax Crystal Rock is a very impressive wax...well at least I think so :shrug:

Great collection by the way and a lovely garage too :applause:

17. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I certainly do . . . daily feedings, topping the sump, emptying the skimmer cup, checking water parameters, water changes, corals changing colors, water temp, faulty plumbing, expensive equipment, and on and on and on. After moving I decided I didn't want the hassle anymore; however, I still enjoy chatting on reefcentral now and again.

Brandon

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Good to see another Pontiac on the forum :thumb:

Nice collection........Wayyy to organized though :poke:

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

All I can give you is my personal approval of this combo for what you're asking for. Your next best step is to just try it out yourself since results are what matter to you and not me anyway, hehe. I just thought I may help guide you to what you're looking for. Good luck! :thumb:

20. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

O'fallon. I remember that. I tried to make it.
    Thank you.
    I was on RC for along time.What was your screen name?
    That's part of being ocd isn't it.:shrug: