Which wax?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by SSTG, Nov 4, 2008.

1. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Hey guy's and gals,I was hoping you could help me out.I'm tired of buying waxes that don't perform as stated.I have a pewter metallic color car.Which wax and or combo will give me the wettest look and make the metallic pop?I've tried soverign,pete's 53,NXT and more.All good products but not exceptional.I was thinking about supernatural,109/5050 combo,e-zyme.Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,Seth.:worship2:

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Pinnacle signature series II is the best wax for lighter color cars and it won't break the bank. My 04 monte carlo SS just pops all over the place...Honest...:thumb:

Pinnacle souveran is really for darker cars..

3. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Thanks,but i've got that.It's good.But there has to be something better.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

how much are you willing to spend? I have a feeling it will effect the responses you get

5. Buddy

If you don't like Pinnacle Sig series two. maybe it's a question paint of preperation. Just a thought...:shrug:

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

It's good.But there has to be something better. This is how we started (or most of us) to become obsessive compulsive detailer's (OCD)

Welcome to the addiction ;)

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

No.I know that paint prep is 80 percent of the battle.I've been detailing for almost 20yrs.I've just not been able to try every wax that's out there.Nor do I want to pay for them.LOL

$100-$350. $2500 is ludicrous imo.

8. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

hah tell me about it, i started with a tub of PS and now have over 40 lsps... its a crazy addiction

wel im glad i only spent 2 lol...:thud:

have you thought of something like Zymol Glasur or Swissvax Best o show. I really like both f these waxes. They both look great.
    You could also try one of the waxes from victoria wax. I know very few peple wh have not liked VW concours. Its also under 100 bucks :applause2:

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I know you asked about waxes, but have you looked into Zaino Z2/Z5? Just a thought...

10. Buddy

At first you just sounded like a young gun. That was going right for his wallet in stead of his brain. I was just trying to help out. I don't have 40 LSP's but I'm working on getting some anyway. It really sounds like you should take some pictures of your collection and post them for us to see...:picture::picture::picture::picture: :picture::picture::picture::picture::picture: :picture:

11. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Here's a couple and one of my car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

If I came off rude? Please forgive me.I wasn't trying to.:sorry:

13. Buddy

Oh, No problem at all...It was kind of funny because I didn't know where you stood in detailing so I didn't know how to start helping if I could. Thank you for the pictures. we love pictures...What are you using for a machine? As I said I have a 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS it just turned 15.000 miles and it is silver. Yes, O-kay It's my garage queen...There I said it. This is the first time admitting It though, I swear that the Series II makes it look like I just used Crystel rock on it. I'm so happy that An inexspensive wax works that like for me.

If I knew how to post pictures. I would return the favor. Maybe someday soon,O-kay

Another Megs fan I see. I really like what is shown of your collection. You really have things nice and neat. Exactly my thoughts as well.

Your Trans Am Is just beautiful. I love it. It's nice to see another GM guy around here...:thumb:

By the way I like the porcupine in the front yard...

It has been a pleasure meeting you SSTG I hope to see you around...:worship2:

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice collection of Megs!!!

15. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I have 2 flex's 3401,3403,makita 9227 rotary,and porter cable d/a.

16. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have a Gray/silver (?) colored car. the color is actually called Magnesium Metallic.

I find the Werkstatt AJT and wet obsession are a great combo, and give off some outstanding shine!!

17. Buddy

Nice, Way to go...I have an older B&D a newer Snap on two makita's 9227 1 six months and 1 brand new all rotories as you know

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Have you tried Optimum Opti-Seal topped with Collinite 845 or 476s?

19. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

im gonna go out on a limb here and say XMT 180, i used on a silver metallic and kind of a greyish metallic on a VW and boy did it sparkle!!!

oh yeah CG 50/50 is great too!

20. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

No any more info?