Which wax/sealant to use?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by TheRustySuper, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Like I mentioned before, you really just need to educate and convince your clients that it's well worth the extra time/money to have the vehicle clayed. It can very likely double the time the protection remains on the car and you just have to sell your clients on it. Trust me, it's always worth it to clay.

As for your parents, they just sound ignorant about the whole detailing world. Like your clients, you just need to educate them on what claying does and how it's beneficial. Now if they're just stubborn and don't think they can learn something new from their 17 year old son, then I don't know what else to tell you. Any parent doesn't know everything in this world.

2. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Yeah...my parents don't like learning things from me, I guess they think that 'cos they're older they automatically know more. I used to ask them about doing stuff to my Beetle, and they always told me no, don't do it, you might break stuff, yadda yadda. The same attitude that they have towards me claying, in other words. I gave up, and just started doing stuff to the car (I'm paying for all the stuff anyway :p). I've learned a ton since then, and have a much better car because of it. And I have broken nothing.

I think I'll pick up that Meguiar's kit next time I'm out and give it a shot on my GTI when I go to seal and wax it before school starts.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, well they have every right to think that they know more or are wiser than you but not the right to claim they know everything. My parents used to believe I couldn't work on cars on my own or with friends thinking that same thought your parents think. And now they ask me to do anything related to their cars, whether it be detailing, changing the oil or doing other maintenance work.

Don't worry, I'm sure things will change once they start to believe in you and/or as you get older and more "responsible," even though you sound pretty responsible enough as is.

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Learn as much as you can about detailing and apply that knowledge to you own vehicle, your parents will soon learn that you know more than they do about detailing.

It a hard thing to admit that sometimes your children (and grand children) know more about some things than you do.

So be patient with them, you will be a Father / Grand Father one day