Which pads to use with Menzerna Power Finish?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Kaban, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I actually used Power Finish yesterday on a car. I got the best results with a Green Uber pad (worked nicer than the LC white). For me, Menzerna's always work best around speed 5.5 for decent working time on the flex even on the smaller flex BP.

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Thank you Bunky! I will try your recommendation. What was your thoughts after using PF? Is it nice?

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

It did pretty good. I was very satisfied since I just wanted a one step - Flex/PF can do really clean things up - not perfect but still seemed to leave a nice finish. I still wonder about the LC white.

4. Kaban

I thought I would update this thread,

I started the detail on the GS (just got around to it this week), and upon inspection, the paint actually had alot more marring and fine scratches that were not visible without proper lighting.

I tried PF on a while 6.5" LC polishing pad, speed 5.5 on XC3401 and it didn't even touch the deeper marring.
    SO, I tried some different combos, and an orange LC pad with SIP ended up being what I needed. The marring and swirls are all gone. The car is staying with me at my garage for another few months, so I want to do a 2 step on it since I got so much time.

Should I just go right to a black LC pad with Power Finish as a follow up to what I already did with the orange pad and SIP? Or should I do PF with a white pad instead of black? What do you guys think?

Thank you!

5. 07 z-oh-6

07 z-oh-6 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I wouldn't use PF after SIP, you don't need that much cut. Use 106FA with a polishing or finishing pad.

6. Kaban

Thanks,

I was thinking that too. Too bad I ran out of 106FA. Guess I'll just order some more.

7. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Kaban
    Sounds like the Lexus turned out great - good for you !
    Since you said you have the car for a few months, you could wait and get some PO106FA Super Finish - it has a cut of 2.5 out of 5, and a gloss of 5 out of 5.
    If you look at the finish in the sun and it looks very clear, then you might not need to do anything else unless you really want to.
    Your PO203S Power Finish has a cut of 3.5 out of 5, and a gloss of 3.8 out of 5.
    Dan F

8. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Use Power finish with a fine polishing pad and you are all set. I finish almost all my details with PF.