Which Clay Bar?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by RamSus, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh good point...mmm..okay I'll have to detail my sisters car then :shakehead: :shakehead: she hasn't even washed that thing since she got it :scared: but it will be a great test mule for the clay :thumb:

2. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

thanks eshine..
    so you mean that they are different now?

3. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Should be the same exact clay. Let us know when you get Blue Riccardo Clay Eshine! Btw, where is it's origin of manufacture? Guessing Japan.

4. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm also trying to decide on a good clay system. I've been looking at chemicalguys, they seem to have a good price on bulk, has anyone had any experience with their clay bars and luber?

5. eShine

eShine Guest

Riccardo Clay and Optimum Clay would be the same a few years ago but Optimum Clay is now made by Auto Wax company. The manufacturer of Riccardo clay both Yellow and Blue is in the USA. They just can't sell it in their own country!

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Any particular reason why?

7. eShine

eShine Guest

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

So Opti Clay is just like the others available in the states now?

9. eShine

eShine Guest

There are many formulas in the USA made by Auto Wax Company. They are just not the same as the clay we sell as it is made by another company. Read the article on the link a couple posts up, it explains everything.

10. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

The best clay is BH - plain and simple

The yellow clay is too hard to knead

11. eShine

eShine Guest

12. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

13. eShine

eShine Guest

I received the samples of Blue Riccardo and I must say I do not find it much more aggressive than Riccardo Yellow at all. It feel stickier but when I tried both Yellow/Blue back to back on the tailgate of our truck the Yellow was removing rail dust with less swipes. Back to the drawing board. I have contacted a few other companies still looking for a more aggressive clay offering.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh that's too bad...but when you say looking for more aggresive clay...will it still be as elastic as Riccardo? That's what I like about Riccardo the fact you can manipulate it quite easy, so if it dosen't strech like the Riccardo I wouldn't be too interested in it but that's just my :2cents:

15. eShine

eShine Guest

Yes, I would expect that the clay has the signature Riccardo feel to it. I am still working with the current maker to see what we can do to make it more aggressive.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice...:giterdone: :giterdone:

:support:

17. gio

gio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the info...
    really useful.
    How about Blackfire Poly clay? is it good?