Where to wash

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by BrendanS, Sep 25, 2008.

1. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

hey guys,

Been lurking around a bit. Some of you may know, recently I just tidied up the garage as a favor and then that way later on down the road when I get more heavily into detailing I can do some work in there. I painted the walls with outdoor paint (2 coats). So far I washed two cars so far inside and I don't see a problem. My mom doesn't like me washing the cars inside, but thats the only way for me to wash cars when the suns out. She said that mold will start to grow. I was just wondering where you guys wash when the suns strong, and also in the winter time.

Brendan

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

For me, I usually set up an E-ZUP canopy for when the days are really hot. During the winter time, I do ONR washes in the garage.

3. BrendanS

Thats an awesome idea, I remember seeing something similar with neighbors house. Next to our garage we have what could be another 1 car garage but it isn't. It's just an empty paved spot for one car. I washed there during the summer when the sun wasn't strong. I was thinking of buying something like the canopy but something more permanent. I don't know how to describe it. But it was oval at the top so snow wouldn't collect to much on there if you left it out for the winter.

4. BrendanS

Pretty much just found what I was looking for:
    ShelterLogic - Home
    They look to be very expensive, and I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to find that exact one locally. Anybody have any ideas?

edit:
    Found one locally, looks to be half-decent. But $300, there are some on ebay as well. But here is what I found:
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/for/852600800.html
    Any thoughts?

5. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i have a 20x10 caravan canopy. the 10x10 wasnt big enough for the suburban. and its great for parties when not being used for cars

6. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Costco carries them in the spring. Might want to check costco.com and see if you can order it from there since it's too late in the year for their stores to carry them. They are alot cheapere from Costco, too.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter