wheel well cleaning methods

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by goldyhan23, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Funny, I am able to get a EZ Detail brush in lowered Porsche wheel wells unless you have a 35mm-40mm drop which of course is too low for street driving anyway.

2. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Haven't tried it yet, Bob. It may very well work. Will see this weekend. Are you coming in from the bottom or just sticking it through the gap b/w the wheel and fender (I would be afraid of scratching the paint this way??)?

3. maximus20895

maximus20895 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

IF you want the EZ detail brush get it now at DI while they are on sale

4. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Are you saying that the Daytona is longer than the EZ brush?

5. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

You will be hard pressed getting the very top of the wheel well especially with the camber(neg) you would be running with a drop(lowering springs or coilover).

Bend the EZ Brush at a right angle and come in from the back or front side and "voila" you will get much more area than you can get with a wash mit alone, this is also a time when a pressure washer comes in handy unless you have a nice floor jack or lift and can remove the wheel(which is what I do).

6. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I have the Daytona, EZ, Mini, Race Glaze, Mothers, etc. The best buy is the Laitner for 7 bucks. Won't scratch, pliable and bendable. And for 7 bucks you could replace it 4Xs for the cost of an EZ brush which will probably break on you before it wears out.

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

E-Z Detail Brush, there are three versions of the brush
    • Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush (18 x 4.5 – inch)
    • EZ Detail Brush mini (13 x 2.5 – inch )
    • EZ Detail Motorcycle Brush (18 x 4.5-inch )

8. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

While everyone is on this subject of cleaning wheel wells.

Since I'm new to doing detailing as a profession, I've watched a lot of videos and read articles online. I came across one video where the guy scrubbed the wheel well and when he was finished and let it dry, used matte finish black spray paint and sprayed the whole wheel well. Which gave it a nice clean looking finish, but I would think that this would just cover up any dirt that was left.

Has any one done this or even heard of it?

9. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

While everyone is on this subject of cleaning wheel wells.

Since I'm new to doing detailing as a profession, I've watched a lot of videos and read articles online. I came across one video where the guy scrubbed the wheel well and when he was finished and let it dry, used matte finish black spray paint and sprayed the whole wheel well. Which gave it a nice clean looking finish, but I would think that this would just cover up any dirt that was left.

Has any one done this or even heard of it?

10. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

re daytona vs ez-detail, they are the same size

the daytona has less bristles which allows it to bend easier

i prefer the ez-brush, and wedge that bw the guard and wheel

i also have the mini ez-brush that is premanently bent in a U shape, for cleaning behind wheel spokes, calipers, disc hubs, etc

11. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

This may sound crazy, but I use the Raceglaze XL wheelbrush for lowered cars. I can usually get most of the dirt agitated with it! then let the pressure washer take care of the rest.