Wheel Wax Comparison: SV Autobahn vs. Prima Wheel Armour

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by DirtyWeRX, Dec 26, 2011.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Sorry for the delay in pictures. Just been super busy with school stuff.

2. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the update!

3. frankiman

frankiman Birth of a Detailer

i keep reading every update, its nice!

4. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Yea what the hell. Looking at the pics... I am thinking " the control wheel looks a hell of a lot cleaner than the treated wheel". From the looks of things, SV looks like is less contaminated than the other side.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

He said "glanz" heh heh heh.

I use Z2 on wheels generally, Ive played around with Permanon too.

Z2 will hold up against normal washing, even a mild dilution of AG CWC...

6. DirtyWeRX

UPDATE:

Its been a couple weeks since the last time I washed these wheels. Since then, they have seen a lot of wet roads. Its snowed a couple times but, here in STL, they like to throw a bunch of salt/ice melt on the roads... not always on time, but none the less.

Control Wheel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test Wheel:

[​IMG]

SV Autobahn:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prima Wheel Armour:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All three:

[​IMG]

Results!!!

Pretty much the same as last time. The test wheel appeared to have more road contaminents on it than the control wheel. But just like last time, they wiped off with buttery-ease. The control wheel required a little back and forth motion in order to pick up the grime.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Seems like the Prima is a pretty good bet. Thanks for the updates Sir!

8. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for updates! Great job on the writeup. So I guess the million dollar question would be, Once your Swissvax runs out,would you be buying more?

9. DirtyWeRX

Thanks! I really don't know. I like the SV a lot. Easier application to me, Prima is a little hard to deal with because it a liquid. I would be curious to try out a few different products first.

I have Cquartz a sample of Permanon Platinum that I haven't tried out yet. I want to buy Wolf's Rim Guard and see how all those work as well

10. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Out of curiosity, have you tired/used/compared Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant?

11. frankiman

frankiman Birth of a Detailer

i would be surprise if Cquartz doesnt outlast these 2 products.

12. DirtyWeRX

I have not. I'm not like a huge "wheels sealant" kinda person. I just felt like toying around with some wheel-specific sealants. Have you heard anything good about PB's?

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i had cquarz on my wheels since about april or so and it still going strong, i wash wheels with zep puple about once every 2 weeks

14. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

With the exception of having tired "Wheel Wax" and 845 on wheels, I use nothing but Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. But I was asking because I myself have had nothing to compare it to, and while I think it's great, if compared to a similarly priced product it's quite a ways behind, I could consider changing.