Wheel Stick the 411

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by OrngeZ, Feb 3, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I have done 8 cars so far with the same wheel stick and it's still holding up like new. Also I haven't modded the one I cut in half but it came in real handy yesterday when doing those BMW wheels. The short one was really able to get into some tight places behind the spokes.

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Great info, thanks for sharing!

3. DetailAddict

DetailAddict Two Bucket System Washer

wow! this is so cool! I am going to see if I can find these online or my local stores... I've been searching for something like this for a while now. :) THANKS!

4. DetailAddict

5. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

thanks, just picked one up in my never ending search for a tool to clean my bmw rims. wonder if i can load it into a drill and use it that way. should work as long as i don't get much resistance.

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

It's funny because I was familiar with these things when I got into paintball but I never thought about using them for wheel cleaning, LoL.

7. DetailAddict

man, since I am not much of a paintball guy, I didn't even know about these until I saw this thread... what a great find... now I just have to find some locally. :)

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

i use an ace powerstick on my wheels!!

9. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

is cleaning the inside rim 'barrel' and behind spokes the primary purpose of the powerstick? or is it equally able to clean b/t spokes and the face of the rim?

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Yes to the first question. I've used my 603 to clean between my spokes (9 spoke wheels) but I ended up being a dirty mess...like ALL over, LOL. I got so frustrated not being able to get my black shmitt in to clean the wheel wells that I used my 603 on them and it worked well. I won't do it again though b/c I think I ripped some of the fabric off the tips.