Wheel Sealants. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by JoeyV, Mar 26, 2011.

1. StanVanDam

StanVanDam Virgin Detailer

Speaking for chrome wheels only..

I use Mother's Chrome Polish (blue-white gel in the 236mL squeeze bottle, not the spray bottle), on my OEM chrome wheels. The product description says it cleans/polishes/protects in one step, and I have found all of those to be true. I'm very satisfied with this product. The wheels are easy to clean during a routine car wash, and after they are dried, I apply this polish (as directed) for additional cleaning+protection.

I had once researched wheel waxes and sealants, and found that none of them would be worth the money to add to my detailing arsenal. None of them convinced me that they would bond to the wheel surface well enough or last longer than what I currently use.

Autogeek says "Armed with advanced polymers Mothers™ Chrome Polish is much more than a cleaner. The advanced polymers in Mothers™ Chrome Polish ensure it protects as it shines. Use on wheels, bumpers, headlight bezels, and chrome accessories. Don’t stop at your chrome! Mothers™ Chrome Polish does an amazing job polishing glass surfaces as well. Polish your mirrors and windows to translucent perfection."

I haven't used it on anything except for chrome wheels and emblems, but will consider it if my glass surfaces ever need help.

EDIT: I applied Zaino Z2 to the wheels once, over 2 years ago. Found it to be a little expensive to be using on wheels but it worked really well. Since I still needed something to clean the wheels, Mother's became my go-to clean+protect product. I don't see the need to apply a synthetic polymer sealant when a cleaning+protecting product is used often enough.

2. 2StepsAhead

2StepsAhead Virgin Detailer

I tried Wheel Armour and was very dissapointed...went back to using Rejex and Collinite IW.