Wheel cleaners, which ones are effective but easy

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by jrosx91, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I would not feel comfortable using this in some high end vehicles that have sensitive rotors... in this situation P21s is the only thing I would use!

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

P21S is very safe, but you need to let it dwell for a little bit.

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Plz elaborate Jason. Are you talking about cars with carbon ceramic rotors? Good thing I don't work on any high end vehicles.

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You are correct Mad.

5. kav

kav Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've been using the Meguires Hot wheel cleaner but I am starting to think it may be too strong so I recently pickup up the Poorboy wheel clear from Eshine.. I hope it works well - it seems to have great reviews.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Yes...

7. DetailAddict

DetailAddict Two Bucket System Washer

i use all purpose cleaner for something easy and quick... hard to ger rid o stuff i use p21s. :)

8. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I got some Mother's Wheel Mist All Wheel Cleaner from my grandfather, he won the thing in some golf raffle and had no use for it. To my surprise, it works extremely well, smells like ass, but it lathers up very well and the cleaning is top notch.

I used to be a believer in just washing the rims with car wash solution, and the only wheel cleaner I would use would be Wheel Brightener on the nasty rims, however, the Mother's product is a worthy middle ground, IMO. Safe on all rims, I will definitely buy again.

9. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

I tried Megs APC diluted to 10:1 for wheels and tires... it seemed to get the tires pretty clean, so that was a pleasant surprise. But it didnt lather or get sudsy like a gel wheel cleaner does...

im on my last couple ounces of DP gel wheel cleaner, and i really liked it. I also just got p21s in today from AG, so ill be trying it out next.

10. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Are you talking about Poorboy's Spray and Rinse?

eShine Canada: Poorboy's Wheel Cleaner (32oz)

If so be careful because it's an acid based cleaner, it contains ABF (ammonium bifluoride):

Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media

11. kav

kav Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That is exactly the one I am talking about.. Thanks for the heads up.. I have some terribly rims that have got so dirty it has become difficult to get all the tar off certain places so I was going to use this Spray and Rinse to get them back then try to maintain them a little better.

That article is pretty scary.. I heard read lots of good reviews on the Poorboy Spray and rinse wheel cleaner before I ordered and none of them mentioned this.