What's your ride?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Apr 1, 2009.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

More pics of the CLK please! Where is your first detail???

2. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the notice!

3. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

id like a g8 myself, O_O aerocharger twin turbo kit with stock everything 630hp+ running 10's

4. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The g8 had so much potential; I looked at one last summer as well. I was seriously considering it once as a daily driver. Its ashame that its going away in the US. Ah yes....horsepower costs money.....a resource I am always short on lol!

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

2006 VW GTI MkV

Hope to detail her this week!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

A few shots from a car show I went to Saturday after detailing the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this shot made me laugh, the kid was saying, "this is nicer than Dad's car" lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leather Masters kicks ass.
    [​IMG]

7. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

8. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Damn Spyral, nice ride! The lip on the back rims are sexxyyyy.

9. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

You all have some sweet rides up in here!!

Well I have had a few cars, not the greatest, but they were all A to B cars, I was just really glad to be independent and not rely on the family car.

My first car was;

81 Honda Civic 4spd manual (what a treat).
    88 Honda Accord Hatchback (loved it)
    87 Honda Accord Hatchback (88 got canceled in a collision and I still had parts to fit)
    87 Honda Civic 5spd ( @140km it would shake the fillings out of my teeth)

Then I got to step up to my first 4 dr., 6cyl. automatic car, boy was I bored. No gears to shift. At first I would sometimes step on the brake thinking it was a clutch :loser:. I can't believe I stuck it out for 4 yrs. I called her "The Blue Ship". She sailed down the highway nicely and got me through some bad weather.

She has now been retired, but I am keeping her until winter. I plan to use it as a test vehicle to learn and practice using a high speed buffer :buffer: . I have used one of those rinky dink polishers, but not the bad boys you all use. So I figure this would be the place to practice and get familiar with the machines. PC 7424 is what I will start with, but I see you also use makitas and metobo (sp?) as higher end machines. I'll have to do my research on those and see them in person.

Anyhow that's how GP will live out it's last days. I will be donating it to one of those charities where kids can learn how to fix cars.

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

[​IMG]

Now I have moved on to something else, upgraded, if you will! I'm pleased to introduce my first ever, anything special, automobile.

2002 BMW 540i 6spd M-Sport

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry if that was a lot of pics, but I'm so excited and blessed to own such a car. I didn't know how much fun this was until I went for a very looong drive. The car is all stock and this was after a wash, wax (incl. rims) and vacuum. I haven't had time yet to treat the seats or the dash. Friday will make a week I've had the car and between driving everywhere and working, I'm pooped!

Anyhow I will get to it soon.

Cheers.

10. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

05 GTO
    - full 3" exhaust
    - Kook's 1.825 stepped to 2"
    - Tuned
    - Ported LS2 intake and custom spec'd cam
    435 RWHP on pump
    TVS2300 and a built 380 cube motor comming soon :)

[​IMG]

97 Sonoma
    bagged
    new stuff
    - 22" coys
    - new 5 link
    -tube upper and lower arms
    last year pic's
    [​IMG]

Matt

11. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

Like that beamer. My ride, 1999 Honda Prelude. 202,7xx miles on the body. Black body with black cloth interior.