Whats your Favorite Quick detailer?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Max405, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

+1 I really like Adams detail spray

2. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

is there any product you dont prefer over adam's?

almost every one of your 45 posts has an adam's fanboy remark

lets not make this place another autogeek forum

3. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

lolz, i really should try some Adam's product out

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

CEE DOG, How do you like the look of Souveran Spray?

I have a hard time finding a QD or spray wax that actually ADDS to the look of my car when I'm running multiple coats of Fuzion. But I've recently been using the 16oz Crystal Mist Detail Spray that I received for free during a promotion (to which I added Polycharger), and I really feel it is one QD that actually gave my car even more depth.

Once I replace and reload my gallons of detail sprays/spray waxes, Crystal Mist may also be one of them, or perhaps the Souveran Spray.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

For me it's FK425, but I did just get a gallon of Optimum Instant Detailer in so I will report back once I try it.

6. domino

crystal mist was one of the first QDs i ever bought, and the results i got from it made me want to try other brands

it's a great product, but i think it's been bettered now by the FK425 and Prima Slick

it's also got me interested to try the spray souveran too

biggest let down for me has been the 1Z spray wax, didnt see any difference so just use on it door jams when i cbb

7. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

my personal favs are

Gloss It
    Zymol Field Glaze
    OID
    FK425

8. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

doesn't camero5ryan work for Adam's? I think thats why he is pro Adam's for everything

9. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

If I continue using Fuzion after this Winter I was thinking of using with Jeff's Werkstatt Carnuba Jett to maintain it and Carnuba Glos as my QD. Just a thought...

10. domino

using carnauba jett over fuzion would be a good idea, and add some carnauba warmth/glow

i havent used my fuzion yet, but already thinking it may look a little sterile on it's own on solid black

11. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

I doubt that. It leaves a very lovely wet looking glow. It's really obvious when you look at the car from an angle. And this is on a light colored (pyrite mica - light brown) suv.
    If A wet look is what you're after then Fuzion on a black car car will leave you slobbering. The neighbors will think you've lost it because you'll stand outside for hours staring at your car. :)

12. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I'm a QD junkie and just got 1/2 gallon of CM. The other QD that I like is Victoria. Griot and FK are also at the top of the list.

13. domino

hahaha awesome

it's the next LSP i want to test out

i was going to use their polish enhancer but might test poliseal instead as i have some minor swirls from winter washing

ill go poliseal + dwg + fuzion

14. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Used scghrd for some time, but Victoria is better IMO.

15. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Favorite qd for clay is oid and onr mix.

favorite for other is fk425, fk146

others are ps paint gloss and gloss it - but gloss it wayy too expensiv for qd that doesnt ecxel in anything really

16. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

I don't think he does work for them just really close, but yes i've called him out on his adams nut swinging

on edit:

so far i like
    zymol field glaze
    dg fc&s
    fk 425
    OID
    ONR mixed at QD (more for dirty cars)

17. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Guys,
    Sorry to revive this dead thread. I need some more advice on the subject.
    I recently bought a new daily driver and I would like to use a single Quick detailer that will not only pop the wax/sealant but also protect the matte black plastic cladding on the underside of entire car. Is there a single spray type that will do the job? Something that will protect the plastic and not change its color.

Thanks, Joe D

18. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

While I still think those are great QD's I have to change my favorite to Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

19. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I love Gloss-It QD for metallics; it is dead easy to use and leaves a nice finish on plastic trim as well. My close second would be Duragloss Aquawax which is also great, both are super easy to use in any condition.

I have been curious about WWP but I can't find any real commentary on it apart from a few reviews. What makes it your favorite?

20. jrose0070

jrose0070 Virgin Detailer

I like Crystal Mist it really gives you a nice wet look on black and also gives a nice pop to metaliacs